Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for tips, video links, etc on using a force dryer.
I have a Shelandy dryer, I do like it, but it takes me forevvvvver to dry Raffi fully, and I don't get him as straight as I want.
I like to keep his jacket and poms fairly long, they're at maybe 4-5". I do think I need to start using a conditioner, since the tangles aren't coming out with the dryer as well as they used to- so suggestions for products that are easily available in Canada for that would be great too!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here's what I've learned DIYing it:

1) I saw a myfavoritegroomer youtube video where she said to keep the blow drying nose the same distance away from their skin as the length of their hair. So, if you're hanging out past 12 inches, then you could probably come closer, like 3-6 inches... That's usually our range. Obviously don't burn your dog.

2) Move slow.

3) Have treats nearby.

4) Take breaks for treats and love when you move from section to section because why not.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I squeeze out with a towel first (don't ruffle though) and then comb/brush through the hair before drying. That really seems to speed up the drying process as the hair splits apart more easily. I do find that long hair takes forever to dry, especially the topknot because I use a lower power setting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts