Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change my blade for the first time on my Andis to another size. I can't for the life of me get one of the small screws off from the inside and am afraid of stripping it. Does anyone have any secrets to loosening that up?

·
Registered
163 Posts
You shouldn't have to change any screws on most clippers...

Here, I attached a diagram:

Step one is to put your fingers under the teeth and push up and away from the clippers.

Step two, now that the blade is sticking up, you just slide it off!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You also want to turn the clipper on while placing the new blade on the clipper. I learned this from a special clipper store here in town. I guess the blade lines up better when you do it while it's on. But definatly do not undo the screw's if its a Andis clipper. Like they said above it pops off. My husband did the same thing (tried the screws) so I went to the store and they should me how to correctly re-move and replace it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THe replacement blade I have is not just the blade that sits on the outside but the inside blade pieces as well. hard to describe. Perhaps i will bring it to Petco or somehwere and show the groomer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hope mine works that easy but then why woudl it have those screws to the base? I will look it over again.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
We thought the same thing. Thats why my husband did the screw's first and couldn't figure it out. lol Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm actually excited now, if i haven;t messed up the whole damn thing. We bought two nice sharp blades and i've been just looking at them fortwo months. Glad i found this forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The screws hold the cutting blades together. If you take them out, the blade will probably fall apart.
I was confused when I first got my clippers too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To all of you that helped me out...IT WORKED and i trimmed up one of my 4 dog yesterday. He looks great. He has a tendency to enjoy dirt so this helps him to stay clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts