Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our mini poodle who is blind and around 13 years old went to the groomer at 9:15am. At 2:00pm I picked up our beloved dog and he had a 4 inch black stripe on his side. It was about 1 inch wide. I called the groomer. The groomer told me that poodles sometimes change colors. I said that I doubted that explanation. There was no black stripe when I dropped him off. The groomer said that the stripe was there and that I could not see it due to the long poodle fur. I do not believe the groomer. I will be taking our baby to the vet. Thank you for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
7,179 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

It's always wise to have your vet check on things. However, there is a possibility that the groomer is right. There are several threads on this topic and I'm going to add a link to the busiest one.

It will give you background and the experience of other members and will hopefully reassure you some.

I want to add that, if this is a similar cosmetic issue as you'll see and read, no one's vet has ever given a diagnosis, even tho some still try various treatments.

Reactions: cowpony

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Sometimes we don't see an injury because of their long hair. Sometimes when the injury heals, the hair that grows out may come in darker. It could be that the darker hair was towards the roots and once she clipped off the lighter ends, the darker hair showed through. I would doubt a patch of darker hair would/could be caused by a recent groom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts