Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my mind on red I think. I might go back, I just didn't like how alot were only red under the right lighting, and were paper bag brown in the light.
Again, I might change my mind again.

but anyway who are some good breeders of black poodles in IL, or in states surrounding IL or who air mail.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
So I changed my mind on red I think. I might go back, I just didn't like how alot were only red under the right lighting, and were paper bag brown in the light.
Again, I might change my mind again.

but anyway who are some good breeders of black poodles in IL, or in states surrounding IL or who air mail.
I don't know any breeders in that area but you can email this club to get a list http://www.greatlakespoodleclub.com/GLPC breeder referral.htm

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can also go to www.poodlesonline.com and check out what size and colors you want and follow up with those breeders. I noticed that Spirit Poodles had a black standard female available in the next week or two. Good luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont care where its shipped from but closer is proly better.

I'll look into the breeders in a lil bit, I'm working on a paper right now

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Blacks are very beautiful... it's a shame they don't photograph well. I've seen some blacks in show cuts and some in pet cuts and I have to say I love them in a pet cut, they really look velvety.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what really caught my attention. I saw one in person a few days ago for the first time in 15 years. I was like O.O! I WANT

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Most black animals are hard to photograph. I have a Rottweiler and a black cat, that rarely/never take a good picture. It's frustrating b/c both are such pretty animals. I have a total of three decent pics of Harley and pretty much none of Addy.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The only thing I don't like about blacks is their fading color. If they aren't a good black they will be grey by the time they are 4. Mine is already fading and he's not even 2.:(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The only thing I don't like about blacks is their fading color. If they aren't a good black they will be grey by the time they are 4. Mine is already fading and he's not even 2.:(
I know. I saw a black this weekend that was 13 yrs old!!! She hardly had any grey hairs on her at all!! Now that would be a black line I would want to look into!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
This is why you need to do research on the bloodlines if you do not want a faded black.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
This is why you need to do research on the bloodlines if you do not want a faded black.
Yup and since I bought Harry as a pet I didn't even think or care about that sort of thing. He's almost starting to look like a blue on his body because his hair is lightening up. He isn't out of good lines at all but he's a good boy.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Matrix is very bad black, but that is partially due to his epilepsy we think. Nice blacks are hard to find but totally gorgeous when you do.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Black is my second favorite color. I almost like it as much as the Reds. I think it would be SO COOL to have one of each... they kinda match, both with the black pigmentation! So stunning walking down the street with a jet black and a stunning red! lol
... But I'm reminding myself as I write this that I only want ONE dog!! My life is too busy for more then one!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
It is hard to find a good Black any more. Breeders have really shot themselves in the foot by constantly breeding back and forth between Black and Cream and by dyeing bad Blacks in the breed ring.

I would contact Cynthia Huff of Safari Kennels. She has a stud dog imported from Sweden who is a terrific, inky black color. If Cynthia does not have a litter coming, she may know someone who does.

Cascade Kennels in AZ just had a litter sired by the Swedish import, Yannick (from Grandeur Kennels). Yannick has been used a lot and his puppies always seem to be inky black

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Blacks are my favorite : ))). YES, imported dogs are superior. Avion poodles in CA has gorgeous and TRUE blacks - great dogs and great lady behind them :cheer2:.

I also have black spoo in a neighborhood that is 8 years "young". She is black as black can be !!!! She is a Graphic line.

Good blacks stay black :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Blacks are my favorite : ))). YES, imported dogs are superior. Avion poodles in CA has gorgeous and TRUE blacks - great dogs and great lady behind them :cheer2:.

I also have black spoo in a neighborhood that is 8 years "young". She is black as black can be !!!! She is a Graphic line.

Good blacks stay black :)
Wishpoo do you know more about Avion kennels ? She lives about 30 mins away ( realistically 12-20 mins but LA traffic lol )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts