Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok friends, About an hour ago Renn go bit by something he must have ate it because I can't find anything. He face even his eye swelled right up. I gave him 2 benadryl right away. He is 68 lbs. Swelling gone down a lot but still there. How often can I give him benadryl?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What could be active in the area you live in? I'd be most concerned about snake bite, but it could also be a wasp or something.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I would call the your vet too. Keep an eye on it in case he gets an infection.

I hope Renn is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would call the emergency vet and ask.
Yes thank you. That is the 2nd thing I did after giving benadryl. I am very disappointed in them though. They only said if you have any concerns we are open 24/7. In the past month I have spent $1700. there, One would think they could have said give every 8 hours and if you don't see improvement we are here.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well this morning Renn seems fine. I gave him another dose at about 4 this morning. No more swelling and he is drinking. I took him upstairs with me last night just so I could keep an eye on him thru the night. Of course he was in the bed for awhile, then went to the floor and slept thru to 3 this morning, then back in bed, on floor and we've been up since. What a chore getting him to go down the stairs. Anyway he seems fine but I will call my vet and see if he has anything to add.

·
Super Moderator
1,529 Posts
Glad he's feeling better. It's scary when they are sick and you aren't in a situation where a vet trip is practical

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dechi..Yes I was rather disappointed in them, especially considering we are on a "stay at home" ruling right now. One would think they could be a little more helpful. I think he is fine now. Drinking normal and not eating but that is normal too. I'll have to add a piece of turkey bacon to it, just a smidge and see.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Sounds like you did the right thing and he’s over it.

I haven’t been impressed with the emergency vet near me either. When I discovered my cat had a UTI I chose to wait for the next morning to call my regular vet instead of going to the emergency hospital.

Reactions: Mufar42

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Glad Renn is doing be better. Lucky I haven't had to use the emergency vet in town. My sister-in-law said they were not that helpful, especially when they charge a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I was hoping for good news and am very glad to hear he's doing better. Hope you're able to all get some rest tonight.

Reactions: Mufar42

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once again thank you all, its so nice to have a place to run too. Renn is fully recovered. Now I have been noticing his ear getting red so back on the zymox to avoid ear infection. I have noticed this happening since adding purina pro to his Victor, perhaps something isn't right for him, so this week I will try adding some Nutro to it. He is bored with his Victor I think. I think I am getting over worried lately about him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts