Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using Hartz puppy shampoo on my toy, Fred. Well now that he's nine months old, and the bottle of puppy shampoo ran out, I figured that he could graduate to adult dog shampoo. So I picked up a bottle of Bio-Groom Herbal Groom Conditioning Shampoo. The bottle says it's tearless. Is this a good choice? Or should I take it back and go with TripiClean or Espree? I'm having self-doubts.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What matters most about dog shampoo's is A) how you use them and B)How your dog's skin reacts to them. I'd say give the bio groom a try and so long as your baby doesnt develope any skin allergies then you're good to go.
There really is very little that is complicated about choosing shampoos :) So don't stress over it. In most cases, shampoo is shampoo if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Also, I did not know this before my friend started showing me how to groom my girls, but dog shampoo's are meant to be diluted, like 8 parts water to 1 part shampoo, it makes it easier to distribute over the body as well as rinse out! The shampoo lasts ALOT longer too! Just a little FYI I am sure the shampoo you have is fine! :driver:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
WonderPup is right, as long as you arent using human shampoo (in most cases) you're doing fine. Although I have heard of people using Pantene on poodles diluted and having really good luck with it but I have not tried it myself.

I also think that bathing frequently causing skin problems is a myth, maybe a long time ago when shampoos used harsh chemicals but most shampoos now are pretty gentle. I bathe my dogs weekly without noticing any dry skin or anything like that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts