Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ann Wheeler - Nipigon Poodles - Cut her out. I'll be keeping her up and grow her hair out, which should take another 6-8 months for a full coat.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Good job! See this is what I want to learn and perfect. I want to be able to set a pattern on a dog for someone. It's going to take me a long time to learn it but I think I can manage.

The continental really does change the look of the dog. She looks more adult now.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I love seeing these poodle pictures. Bindi looks like a statue. Thats an amazing clip!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is a couple table shots. Until her growth plates have stopped growing and she has filled in weight wise, the cut is on-going and adjusted to the dog. She has 6 to 8 months of hair growth to go until she is full. More underneath, at the chest and at the back of the neck,top and ears.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Bet she feels good to have her puppy hair taken down. Puppy clips are a lot of hair to deal with. So much easier for you now too.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bindi's color is amazing as I've never seen it before.

If you don't mind me asking, but how tall and how much does Bindi weigh now? I'm only asking as my female Standard is similar in size to Bindi when Bindi was younger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a couple table shots. Until her growth plates have stopped growing and she has filled in weight wise, the cut is on-going and adjusted to the dog. She has 6 to 8 months of hair growth to go until she is full. More underneath, at the chest and at the back of the neck,top and ears.

Oh she's beautiful! So this gives me an idea what my Simba would look like with this clip when she is older. Does it actually go down to bare skin? That would be great for Summer but do you need to let fur grow back some before winter comes ? We get snow where I'm at and really gets cold in winter.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh she's beautiful! So this gives me an idea what my Simba would look like with this clip when she is older. Does it actually go down to bare skin? That would be great for Summer but do you need to let fur grow back some before winter comes ? We get snow where I'm at and really gets cold in winter.
Thanks, those are old pictures although she is still in a continental even today after having a litter of puppies. It is shaved with a 40 blade to the skin. I currently have three in this clip. They get a bit cold in the winter but not much. We have snow too. You can always get them a pair of sweatpants. My toy wears her's the most. My house is kept very comfortable and there are fleece blankies laying around for them to snuggle in too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh My, i love your toy/mini poodle, how many times did you have to shave her down until the fur is so thick and manageable? My pup's fur is a bit scarce :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts