Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We tried Billy at a second show on Friday. It became quite obvious that Billy simply doesn't have any desire to show so we are not going to pursue a show career for him. Although the judge and handler felt he had what it takes to finish, we simply can't get the one thing form him he needs; which is the poodly attitude. He just a handsome, nice, laid-back guy and that's fine with us. And, knowing that the judge and handler believed he had the qualities to finish is a great thing to know.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Since he won't be showing anymore, I cut him into continental yesterday. Mostly it is roughed in. I still need to cut the jacket about a half inch or so shorter in the back.

How about those clothes I'm wearing. Had some horse work to do and was wearing my muckers and crap clothes. LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
He is beautiful! I I don't blame you for quiting if he doesn't like it...not that I know anything but it seems like an awful lot of work...good luck and enjoy him!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
He is beautiful.

I know what you mean about attitude. I have shown a few of my dogs in conformation and a couple did NOT like it - they were no fun to show. My girl, Betty, LOVED it and was a blast.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone.

I'm more than happy to let Billy be a country dog, companion, and our stud dog.

Taffy is a real showy girl and will be 6 months in August. So, we will try again with her and I have a feeling she will be no problem in the show ring. She loves attention and is always prancing around.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awwww he's such a handsome boy. Glad you decided not to persue a show career for him since he didn't care for the ring. I've had clients send me dogs to show that they couldn't finish themselves because they dogs hated the ring. It is never easy and not usualy fun. More work then it's worth in my opinion and needlessly stressful sometimes on the dogs.
Glad Billy is "off the hook" so to speak on his job and gets to hang out and be a best buddy to you all :)

Can't wait to see Taffy out there though, she seems to have attitude from the pictures you've posted lol. I bet you'll have a blast with her.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a four-month old apricot. She is going to be dark apricot and I am going to show her when she is old enough. There are apricot champions but you don't see them often.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's my Billy. A happy-go-lucky-boy until he hits the show ring. LOL But he's and Taffy are the loves of my heart.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Billy's silhouette in the first picture looks great. He is a very happy boy. He has quite a smile.

Things don't always turn out as we first intend. I think it's quite intuitive for you to see it as it is and make your decision. How many people get the opportunity to hear that their dog is show quality? Pretty awesome! He's going to do great.

He looks good in a continental. Love those boots! I'll let you keep after the horses though. They are gorgeous, but that would be too much work for me.

It also great to see a current picture of Taffy. Her coat looks amazing! That apricot color really is coming in fast. If you do decide to show her, I bet she would be wonderful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts