Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brushed Billy out today in preparation for his first grooming with Chris Christensen products. Since I am going to give him a complete grooming tomorrow, I decided to try to put his hair up since it is getting some length to it now. I don't know if I did it right or not but it was fun. He was such a good boy. The hair spray didn't bother him at all.

Then I let he and Taffy out in the snow. We have BIG SNOW....it has been coming down for three days and will continue for another four. Might have up to 3' by the time it is done. Right now it is about 18" and I had Billy sit in front of it to give it some scale.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IS THAT RIGHT!!

THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!

I've been a good boy. Can I go out now?

Oh, sure! The first thing you do Taffy is mess up my new do!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, gosh, Billy. Do you think mom saw me do that?

Billy showing off all his new snow....

I love it when he comes in with pretty white flakes all in his hair.

We didn't dig out until this morning. We found two accidents in the house since they could only go as far as the porch. Poor guys! We'll be digging out tomorrow again.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but I haven't used them yet. I am having a problem with my photos. I can't get the camera's profile to load. I have talked to three different Indians who didn't have a clue!! I so hate outsourcing.... So I am adjusting photos as best I can. NO, Billy is not black like that but in order to get all of the purple and magenta out if it, it leaves the blacks looking unnatural. Sigh...I am going to try the Indians again and see if I can get this resolved. He actually leans toward a soft black with reddish brown tips on the end of his hair.

I can't wait to get that camera profile loaded correctly so that my photos render true.

I will be doing Billy's bath with the CC black on black tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Yes, but I haven't used them yet. I am having a problem with my photos. I can't get the camera's profile to load. I have talked to three different Indians who didn't have a clue!! I so hate outsourcing.... So I am adjusting photos as best I can. NO, Billy is not black like that but in order to get all of the purple and magenta out if it, it leaves the blacks looking unnatural. Sigh...I am going to try the Indians again and see if I can get this resolved. He actually leans toward a soft black with reddish brown tips on the end of his hair.

I can't wait to get that camera profile loaded correctly so that my photos render true.

I will be doing Billy's bath with the CC black on black tomorrow.
I would imagine it's easier for someone from VT to talk with Indian CS reps than someone with a Texan accent, lol. Most of the conversation is "huh" "what" "I'm sorry" "excuse me." I was told recently that if you ask to speak to an American they have to comply and you are supporting an American job. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
918 Posts
He's gorgeous!

My monitor is recently calibrated, your colors don't look too far off. Perhaps the color profile is creating more issues for your viewing than ours :).

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's gorgeous!

My monitor is recently calibrated, your colors don't look too far off. Perhaps the color profile is creating more issues for your viewing than ours :).
Thank you everyone!

I do adjustments in Lightroom before posting them anywhere. They originals are so far off that it is obvious that something isn't right with them.

I'll have to ask for an America next time. I spent an hour and a half saying "what", "excuse me", "could you repeat that", and "you aren't understanding what I am telling you!" I have little trouble with the Southern and Mid-Western accents. My son lived in Texas and my daughter lives in Georgia.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is simply beautiful!!!! What fun they are having in the snow, I don't know a poo who doesn't like it. When is your next show?
Dianne is looking into that now and I will let you know when she decides! We are looking for a smaller show that we could enter Billy in to see how he responds. I'd better get some lessons in putting that top knot up before then though. LOL

·
Registered
708 Posts
So handsome! How did you do his hair that way? Just an elastic right above the eyes or are there more back there. I am going to have to learn how to do the fancy topknots also.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
First LMAO - you guys are spoiled living NOT in Bay Area LOL I am immigrant myself - so I take a full freedom to comment and still be "politically correct" LMAO

I think that only about 20 % of population here has English as a "first language" LOL- so I can understand any dialect from any part of the world LOL - and I sometimes catch myself using "appropriate" accent - Indian when talking to Indians and Chinese when talking to Chinese and so forth LOL It is actually fun - once one "gets it" : ))))) !!!!

Now - to come back to the Beautiful Billy : ))))) !!!!!

I LOVE his photos and his hairdo - just ADORABLE !!!! I also first time have chance to really see how tiny band is placed above the eyebrows : )))) ! So cute !!!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh - I see Kalamama also would like to know how to do banding : ))) !!!

Maybe our Spoospirit next time can do "step-by-step" photo-shoot : ))) ???

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kala, I do a section that I separate from the rest just behind his eyes and band it. Then you have to pull it out to make the bubble. (Not as easy as it sounds!) Then I split a second section behind that; which just happens to be right in front of his ears. I band that. Then I comb the two together and put a band about an inch above the those. I left the rest loose so that I could spray it and sweep it up but I'm not sure that is the way it is supposed to be done. I have never gotten to watch anyone at a show putting their dog up.

It takes patience and sometimes Billy will move his head to the side; hence the slightly off-center band! LOL I would never leave it like that if he was going to show. I was just practicing and posted to see what people thought.

·
Registered
243 Posts
To be there is nothing more stunning that a black spoo...Billy has definitely got it going on..If I were a female spoo I would be in:love: for sure
He is absolutely gorgeous:)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First LMAO - you guys are spoiled living NOT in Bay Area LOL I am immigrant myself - so I take a full freedom to comment and still be "politically correct" LMAO

I think that only about 20 % of population here has English as a "first language" LOL- so I can understand any dialect from any part of the world LOL - and I sometimes catch myself using "appropriate" accent - Indian when talking to Indians and Chinese when talking to Chinese and so forth LOL It is actually fun - once one "gets it" : ))))) !!!!

Now - to come back to the Beautiful Billy : ))))) !!!!!

I LOVE his photos and his hairdo - just ADORABLE !!!! I also first time have chance to really see how tiny band is placed above the eyebrows : )))) ! So cute !!!!
OOOOohhhh!! So you can do Indian? Wishpoo, maybe I should have you come to my house and talk to them so that I can get that darned thing fixed!! LOL

Oh - I see Kalamama also would like to know how to do banding : ))) !!!

Maybe our Spoospirit next time can do "step-by-step" photo-shoot : ))) ???

Ummmmmmm......maybe if I can find someone here to help do it! Someone has to handle the camera while the other puts up the top knot. Could be fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts