Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally found something that motivates Billy!! YAY! He loves boiled chicken. We regroomed him today and sprayed him up then put him through his paces. He was really good about it today and is improving now that he knows what is expected from him.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Taffy got a hold of the cap to the hairspray can and went nuts with it. At one point, she had it in her mouth and it was up over her nose and she just stood there watching us over the top of it. She is such a little cuttie.

Taffy watching Billy get groomed outside on the porch.

Taffy has the cap!

·
Registered
151 Posts
billy topknot is sooo cute! And so is Taffy with her new prize. I can't wait to hear about how the show goes.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
What a beautiful face and taffy looks like she is having a blast! You have wonderful dogs SS! I am including a link to a pic of a puppy clip that may help with your pattern, the chest really does need to come up more and the cheeks need to be carved out a bit more, just my opinion, I am not a groomer but thought I would offer it as referance to help. I can not wait to see the show pics!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://content.breederoo.com/users/onoshipoodles/images/content/Grooming1-300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://onoshipoodles.com/showgrooming.cfm&usg=__AKW_vEmkB0oSf8TC5YQjMzKf8aA=&h=333&w=300&sz=40&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=XsCzoDEu0RoMVM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=107&prev=/images?q=puppy+clip+poodle&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks p4p. That is a great picture to go by. Dianne and I had already decided that the chest needed work after looking at the pics she took tonight. He's getting there and so are we but I think it is going to be awhile before we all get this right! LOL

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thanks p4p. That is a great picture to go by. Dianne and I had already decided that the chest needed work after looking at the pics she took tonight. He's getting there and so are we but I think it is going to be awhile before we all get this right! LOL
With the resources you have you are doing a WONDERFUL job! You have not wasted any of them.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Billy is so handsome and the top knot is too cute! But little Taffy, got my be the heart strings. I just love, those apricot girls!!! She looks like she is full of mischief. :biggrin: Are you planning on showing her?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hes a lovely dog ss. wow look at that drive he has. Just to die for.

Have you ever tried cooked liver or lambs fry. My dogs go nuts and do anything I want

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Billy is so handsome and the top knot is too cute! But little Taffy, got my be the heart strings. I just love, those apricot girls!!! She looks like she is full of mischief. :biggrin: Are you planning on showing her?
Yes, we are planning to show Taffy. I am hoping that, being apricot, it won't be more difficult for her to show AKC than it is for blacks and white. She sure is a beauty!! She will show well too because she is just full of herself and doesn't need motivation like Billy. That's a girl for you! LOL

We let the show breeder pick our puppy and I have to say that they did a good job of it. She has a face and an expression to die for. Everyone immediately goes to her when we are out because they say she has such soulful eyes.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hes a lovely dog ss. wow look at that drive he has. Just to die for.

Have you ever tried cooked liver or lambs fry. My dogs go nuts and do anything I want
Thank you for the compliment on Billy. We did have to work a bit to get that drive and he still isn't consistent with it so I will be working him a bit every day this week so it is reinforced. We are going against 25 dogs and I don't expect to walk out of the ring with anything but smiles and a happy time learning with Billy.

I'm going to pick up liver tomorrow and boil it. I have a feeling it is going to work just fine. Billy doesn't care much for any kind of packaged treats. He is on a mostly raw diet and doesn't seem to like the taste of anything artificial. What is lambs fry? I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts