Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dianne and I worked on Billy tonight to get him ready for his very first show next Friday. We aren't great with the grooming but we're coming along. He got tired and so did we so we stopped for tonight. We will finish him sometime this week. Here are a couple of pics of where we're at. We need to work on his tuck up and straighten his back line. Looks like we need to bring the chest down a bit more too and snip a bit off his hock hair just to straighten it out.

We'll do the best we can with him but I am not going to fret over it. I am so excited to be going to our first show and I'm sure we will get some tips there.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Awesome ! Can wait too see pics at the show !

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, Roxy! I am so excited. It doesn't matter how he does. I just want to go and have fun and get some experience. We have a show the next weekend too. Hopefully someone there will be kind and offer some advice on the cut.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. And, yes, what a coat! It is thick and plush and somewhat of a challenge to cut but I won't complain as it is the correct coat for a spoo. LOL

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Spoo, I am not a groomer, but I thought I would offer a suggestion, my handler for Zoey "carved" out her little but cheeks, you might want to try to find out if this would be something you would need to do for him, he seems a little straight in the hind quarters and like he needs a little more definition. I know you don't have any groomers near you and none that do show grooming, but I would look at some pics of the puppy clip a little more closely you may see the diff. Other then that he looks GREAT!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoo, I am not a groomer, but I thought I would offer a suggestion, my handler for Zoey "carved" out her little but cheeks, you might want to try to find out if this would be something you would need to do for him, he seems a little straight in the hind quarters and like he needs a little more definition. I know you don't have any groomers near you and none that do show grooming, but I would look at some pics of the puppy clip a little more closely you may see the diff. Other then that he looks GREAT!
We already took him in some but he can probably go in some more. I am going to post more pics we took tonight in another thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts