Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they finally made it! :cheer2: One year old's now. :birthday: Billy and Grace got spiffed up for their big day and then we took all of the spoos out to the nursing home where our mom resides and had a birthday party for them.

YES, they had people food! We didn't have time to cook a proper doggy cake so we picked up a meatloaf at the market for them and a nice chocolate cake for us. They were very patient and polite at their party and we are so proud of them. All five came into the dinning room with us and promptly flopped down and went to sleep!! LOL At least until the cake came out.
:eating:

After our party we took mom for a walk with the spoos and did portraits outside the home.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Time with mom

We went inside to spend some time with mom. She is so funny with us sometimes. I thought she was looking very serious so Dianne told her to laugh to which she responded "ha, ha". Then she broke out in a good laugh. That is Dianne's hand stroking mom's cheek.:love::hug:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Beautiful photos catching those special moments in life. All the poodles look so soft and fluffy. You Mother looks absolutely adorable. Love to see her giggle.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, it was great sharing the birthday party with our mom, she just loves animals so much! She loved her piece of cake a lot also...LOL. She is not eating good now, but, give her a piece of cake and it all goes down..lol.

Here are more pics of Billy & Grace's B-day party.

I am going to put these pics on separately as I want to add titles to each.

Mom and poodles. Just arrived and getting ready for the party.
[/IMG]

Geesh, don't you hate it when the dogs get over excited when out at a party?
[/IMG]

Mom with the Birthday dogs.
[/IMG]

"Birthday Cake" set up for everyone!
[/IMG]

The birthday singing pics Spoospirit put on. My next ones will be what follows the happy birthday song.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Grace & Billy getting their "cake"
[/IMG]

"ahhh, finally we get our "cake"!!"
[/IMG]

"Hey, is there any more "cake"?"
[/IMG]

The poodle guests eating their "cake".
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Out for a walk with Mom and the poodles.
[/IMG]

Mom petting Billy
[/IMG]

All the dogs crashed after the excitement of the party and the walk.
[/IMG]

Grace helping us saying prayers with mom before we leave. We always say prayers before we go as she loves this time and it relaxes her.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Beautiful pictures, beautiful story, beautiful Mom. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful day with us. Happy Birthday Billy and Grace.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
love your pics - your mom is dear - the poodles pose so well -sigh -mine want to see what I have in my hand - Taffy is getting so big! beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Great photos, Happy Birthday! What a fantastic family of poodles. :)

Who's that cute little one in the front?
Thank you all for your lovely comments. We sure are proud of our guys and totally in love!! Our mom is such a lovely lady, it is soooo sad to watch her slowly 'go away' with Alzheimer's but we enjoy every moment we can with her. She loves the dogs!

The little apricot is my new girl, Chantel. Chantel is a full sister to Billy & Grace. The breeder decided to breed one more litter from the same mom (her third) before spaying her. She is spayed now and it was my only chance to get a sibling of Grace, whom is so wonderful and I love soooo much! I went to look at the pups and this girl just "begged" to be taken home with me...lol. She is very striking and has gorgeous form and movement. She has the same temperament as Grace and Billy. :)

I have a "scary" story about Chantel that I am going to have to start a new posting on!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thank you all for your lovely comments. We sure are proud of our guys and totally in love!! Our mom is such a lovely lady, it is soooo sad to watch her slowly 'go away' with Alzheimer's but we enjoy every moment we can with her. She loves the dogs!

The little apricot is my new girl, Chantel. Chantel is a full sister to Billy & Grace. The breeder decided to breed one more litter from the same mom (her third) before spaying her. She is spayed now and it was my only chance to get a sibling of Grace, whom is so wonderful and I love soooo much! I went to look at the pups and this girl just "begged" to be taken home with me...lol. She is very striking and has gorgeous form and movement. She has the same temperament as Grace and Billy. :)

I have a "scary" story about Chantel that I am going to have to start a new posting on!
ooooo WOW then Taffy grew so MUCH lol I thought the apricot in the front was taffy lol.

They all grew a lot !

You guys should start a poodle circus :D I wish I had the $$ , time and room to own so many. I am so happy your dogs have gave your mother something to smile about. My grandmother is on her way out and she gets so happy to see Enzo !

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
love your pics - your mom is dear - the poodles pose so well -sigh -mine want to see what I have in my hand - Taffy is getting so big! beautiful dogs!
LOL... yeah, they do well in the "posing" department. They are all off leash. I set them up, told them to stay and Spoospirit took the picture. I, of course, was standing by to make sure if anyone started to wander off I could get them as we were near the road. But, no problems.. :) ... only had Taffy start to get up a couple times and Chantel go to get up once, but after they realized I wanted them to stay, they just sat for their pics. They are just so well behaved when they are out and so in tuned to what we want, we are just so in love with this breed and, of course, our personal dogs for sure!!

Taffy is DEFINITELY getting to be a big girl now!! She is going through the "teenage" lankies right now. As soon as her body matures more she will be heading into the ring. She is just soooo lovely to watch move. She glides with beautiful reach and drive! And what a total lover!

Thank you for your compliments.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ooooo WOW then Taffy grew so MUCH lol I thought the apricot in the front was taffy lol.

They all grew a lot !

You guys should start a poodle circus :D I wish I had the $$ , time and room to own so many. I am so happy your dogs have gave your mother something to smile about. My grandmother is on her way out and she gets so happy to see Enzo !
Aren't they the most amazing ambassadors? Wherever we go we draw a crowd that will stay around for a long time asking all sorts of questions and interacting with the dogs. We do a lot of educating when we go out with them.

Taffy did get big FAST!! It looks as if she will certainly be a bigger poodle than Billy. Her relative, Ivy seems to be going the same way. Taffy is a little off in square right now as she is going through her awkward teen age stage. We expect she'll come back on in a couple of months. She still floats like a dream while trotting through the fields!!!

Dianne was the dog wrangler while I took the portrait. Billy and Grace were tethered to mom's wheelchair but all of the babies were off-leash. They were so darn good. You just can't beat the poodles!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts