Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nova got her trim this week and is to be going in UKC Novice Puppy class tomorrow. It’s going to be a big learning experience for us and I’m just hoping we don’t embarrass ourselves too much ?. I’ve been watching a lot of videos from the learning academy so hopefully that will have helped some . Handling and Obedience beginner + is starting next week.

I think I need to trim more off that front foot in the morning.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I hear UKC is a lot of fun. I hope you'll post how it goes. Nova is beautiful as always.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Relax and enjoy the classes. Classes are where you learn, they don’t expect perfection from a new trainer. Even experienced trainers have new things to learn.

Nova is simply gorgeous and I know you two will be great. Have fun and make it a posit, fun experience for Nova.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
I meant positive experience, you want her to look forward to going and performing.

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
She looks beautiful! Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
23,219 Posts
She looks great to me. You need to remember to breathe and keep it positive for both of you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Whew it was a loooonng day. We showed up in the morning and didn’t leave until the evening. Our class was the last of the day. Nova took it all in stride and napped in and then on top of her crate (used it like a table). Both shows clases were small with her and a GSD. She did great. She gave the tail wag going around the ring. Only problem was when the judge had to get hands on she does the hunch and tries to back. So that’s something we have to work on .
Our next show after tomorrow’s one is in February and Nova will be in the regular puppy 6-12months class . So we have goals ?.

Nova and my daughter Bethany.

There is another one tomorrow that I may go to. This time I know not to show up in the morning .

I did get to talk to a few poodle people which was nice . Overall it was a good experience for both of us .Both Judges were really nice .

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Huge congratulations on your success. Looks like you earned a ribbon.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Best Novice Puppy in Show! Congratulations!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you ?. Today we went alot later and then got stuck in a 2 hr traffic delay. I was for sure the show would be over but we got there with just few minutes to spare. Did a quick brush over and took her out for a potty break and they called us back in. This class she was more energetic and kept leaping and biting my pants ☺. She was even happy to see the judge. She still got picked for the Best Puppy Novice.. so it was a good experience for us.

The other show of the day changed their schedule and did it first class of the day even though we were told it was going to be the same as the day before. It’s ok. I took the kids ice skating.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Congratulations, sounds like the day was wonderful! I love the pic of Nova and your daughter, a junior handler in the making.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts