Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got home yesterday and found Cash very ill, he had vomited and was laying in it and he was just all nasty, so I proceeded to clean him off, he was so weak. He was fine the night before and even before I had left the house at 10 in the morning. He wouldn't touch his dog food so I offered him a small piece of chicken, he ate it but didn't want anymore. I immediately called the vet, who was out yesterday (I'm SERIOUSLY switching vets because I'm really dis satisfied with this one in the first place) and I didn't have the gas to rush him into another town and the other places also doesn't take payments (I know I called). So I called my animal shelter president to see if she had any advice and she just told me to watch him closely, after a while I took him outside and he began to walk around and wag his tail and bean to recover from whatever funk he was in and started eating and playing like normal. He is fine, I guess he was just feeling under the weather and tummy was hurting? Yes, Cash has had all his shots (so has my other dogs, not going through "that" again!) It was such a big scare though!

BTW, my best bet why Cash got sick is because he does like to gorge his self, and will steal the other dogs food until he is round as a bowling ball and I have even caught him diving into the bag of dog food before and then crawling out when he's had enough. So I have to try and keep a closer eye on him.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my. I'm so glad he's doing better. Having pets be sick is just awful since they can't tell you what is wrong.

alycia :frog:

His funk didn't even last an hour, so I just think he had an upset tummy, but my dogs are my fur kids so I freaked out naturally. He's back to his normal self now...in to everything and can't wait to be fed. lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts