Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your pup will be so tiny I wouldn't trust it outside even with sandbags.
I personally would go and get chicken wire and fold it so part is up against fence and other part is on the ground. Some people bury it even.
It might be small but will probably be mighty and you would be amazed by what they can move if they want to. I would worry she could drag the bag far enough away to sneak through.

Good luck to you guys a new puppy is always fun.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. She won't be allowed outside without supervision for a long time.

According to our HOA by-laws, I wouldn't be allowed to use chicken wire. I'm going to try to sneak by with the sand bag idea and hope no one notices it from the outside. I plan on making the bags up to 6 feet long and 6 inches high to put across the gates. This is where it tends to have the biggest gaps. I also wanted to be able to move them in the event we need to get something through the gate. I've also thought about long flower containers lined up against it, but like you said, I think she would muzzle her way around it.

Any other ideas would be appreciated? Hubby and I both really want to move, but I know it will be awhile before that happens. We both want to get out of the HOA, so we can do whatever we want. What a concept!

Mostly, thanks for your concern. It's nice to know someone cares! Little Zulee thanks you. :love:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Gate Pictures

It dawned on me that it would be helpful to see the gates I'm talking about. I would love to get some ideas on how to dog proof our back yard. Like I said, it will be a long time before she is allowed to be on her own. I'd rather be prepared before we get her rather than dealing with this later.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do you use the gates? Maybe putting an x-pen around the openings if the HOA would allow it. They question, you can just say you have it out for the pup...

Perhaps someone from the HOA could suggest something that you could use that is acceptable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts