Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I found your beware post. This seems to be happening to everyone lately. Apparently we can "watermark" our photos so they cannot be stolen like this. I have no idea what all that entails but am sure going to look into it. This is the fourth time in three weeks I have heard of another breeder lifting photos from someone elses site to use in their own ads. It is a compliment to the person whose photos have been lifted, but pretty darned misleading for the general pjublic!!!!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
This just happened to me I was cruisin on the internet looking spoos sites, and went to a breeders Puppies for sale page and Lo and behold, there was my Male dogs pic being used to advertize her litter , she was representing him to be the stud dog. Needless to say I was just a wee bit angry. She did, (under the influence of influence) remove the pic and place an apolgy on her website.. So this is all I could expect

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
For some dumb reason, I occasionally look at the local classifieds. I guess I just like to see what's going on in greeder land. Anyway, I found a sight that offered 4 different toy breeds, plus a couple of mixes. I started looking around and noticed all the beautiful dogs in full show coat and knew that was BS. I linked the site on the Maltese forum and sure enough, the greeder had stolen most of the Maltese pics and I'm sure the Tzu and other pics were stolen too. I did alert the Maltese breeder and she was very appreciative. I hope she got the lying greeder to remove her pics w/o too muh trouble. I can't imagine who would want to deal w/ a dishonest breeder, but people make excuses for this kind of behavior.

·
Registered
578 Posts
And that's how you have the time to take all kinds of adorable pictures that are designed to reassure the unsuspecting (lazy) public.

I guess that's why you really have to know your breeder or actually see their premises.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She took my pic off her ad. Can you imagine what her dogs look like if she has to lie to sell them?

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Reply to your "Standard Poodle Pups" Ad on Kijiji
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 12:21:42 -0400

You should take pics of your own pups and put them up.
Carole

Carole Beresh

Dogsinstyle Standard Poodles and Designer Collars

http://www.dogsinstyle.com

MPS (Multiple Poodle Syndrome)

Facebook - Carole Beresh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 08:37:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Reply to your "Standard Poodle Pups" Ad on Kijiji

?? That came to me in an email and I thought it was great! So sorry - didn't intend to ruffle any fur. Would you like me to give you credit for it or do you have any interesting ones that I COULD use? Having a heck of a time trying to find these kids homes and thought it would catch attention.
Kim
604-533-6905

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/3/2009 7:11:01 AM
Subject: Reply to your "Standard Poodle Pups" Ad on Kijiji

Hello! The following is a reply to your "Standard Poodle Pups" Ad on Kijiji:

Please take my picture off your ad.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Probably like the ones in the website that she used my males pic on !!!! Pretty pathetic if you ask me ..

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
WOW... this is very disturbing! I would be super p*ssed if I were you!
And she still had the nerve to ask if you had pictures she could use!!!! :scared:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It's so sad and pathetic that someone would use our photos. I'm going to start watermarking my photos. I know my breeder worked too hard to have someone else misrepresent their pups.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have to admit that I was pretty shocked and pretty angry that someone would use pics of my male to sell her puppies :(Misrepresenting him as the sire of the litter she had on the ground . I felt as though if she would do that what else would or could she be lying about .. But I think I am alone in my thinking, it seems as though other folks want what she has, ..Very sad to me .....And I must admit a wee bit scary that this could be overlooked and or brushed away as an accident .. Just my thoughts .

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I had this happen to me before with my cats. Some breeder posted my cats picture and was bashing him. i told her to take them down and she did because she already knew I could sue her ( which I would not do anyways lol)

watermarking is not that hard if you have CS

here is a link to show you how to do it.

http://www.all-things-photography.com/add-a-watermark.html

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thanks so much for the website I will definately look into this. I have been pretty careful to make sure there is a person in the photo. The one she took was one of the very few that had no human in the pic..

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks so much for the website I will definately look into this. I have been pretty careful to make sure there is a person in the photo. The one she took was one of the very few that had no human in the pic..
I would still watermark even if you put yourself in the picture. The people stealing our pics could always say its them lol and You can photoshop people out too.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I think that folks will be less likely to steal a wtermarked photo though ..
IA

If You watermark them like this no one will waste their time stealing it trust me lol. It would take them a long time to get rid of it and it will just mess up the picture of the dog when they do try.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is so awful that people do this... and scary too! You handled it more diplomatically and calmly than I think I would have... not your first email, but your reply to her absolute GALL to ask you if she could still use it to sell her pups and give you credit. OMG, what nerve and stupidity! Not someone anyone should be buying a puppy from no matter how good looking (or not) they may be. Geesh!:doh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts