Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I tried taking some pictures of my Betta, Dreads, but hes soooooo active its impossible to take a good picture. But I'm really glad he is moving around now. I had to return the first one because he was sick. The second one had no visible signs of sickness but he was lethargic and just laid on the bottom of the vase. Today he perked up, hes in the living room and is constantly swimming around the tank. Sometimes I catch him staring at the TV, I wonder if he thinks the colors are another Betta. Hes eager to take food.

I bought a yellow apple snail to share the tank with him but the apple snail died.

I was also wondering, I have gravel at the bottom of mine. Is it better to go bare bottom with bettas?

Hes a baby, hes only an inch and a half long. The way the bowl is shaped it makes him look alot bigger. The bowl is a one gallon bowl that sits on a big brass stand shaped like a betta. I think Dreads is a crowntail betta.. (I named him Dreads coz his tail looks like dread locks)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I love his name!

I don't think bottom matters, but I like it when they have a lot of room. I know they don't NEED a huge tank b/c their labrynth breathers, but when they do they so love to swim back and forth across the tank. They're so pretty. We used to have fish. :)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think the gravel you have in your bowl is perfectly fine =]]

we have one betta in our 30gallon tank ((They only bother other betta)) and he loves to float to the bottom then swim as fast as he can to the top of the tank xDD
we had to remove our molly because she was a picker...tore the bajesus out of the bettas tail the first night we had him >.<

haha I love the name!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think the gravel you have in your bowl is perfectly fine =]]

we have one betta in our 30gallon tank ((They only bother other betta)) and he loves to float to the bottom then swim as fast as he can to the top of the tank xDD
we had to remove our molly because she was a picker...tore the bajesus out of the bettas tail the first night we had him >.<

haha I love the name!
OMG, the fish drama! It drove me CRAZY trying to identify and then discipline the bullying fish. LOL. Not that I was really successful at it. And you're right, it was usually not the beta.

Have you ever held a mirror up to yours? :flute:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
OMG, the fish drama! It drove me CRAZY trying to identify and then discipline the bullying fish. LOL. Not that I was really successful at it. And you're right, it was usually not the beta.

Have you ever held a mirror up to yours? :flute:
my significant other sat up all night watching them to find out it was the molly xD
we thought it might have been the angels...they get picky with new fish v.v; and HATE other angel fish

we haven't held a mirror up, should we?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah hes a goofball, he puffs up and then backs away when I put a mirror up to him. Hes got a HUGE tail for a crowntail though, my friend has a red crowntail and its ttiny compared to Dreads.

He knows that I am the one that feeds him already, when I come over to the bowl he swims over to me and waits for me to drop some bloodworms in there. He takes them outta my hand.

The petsmart cups are sooo tiny :\ Im glad hes in a nice big bowl now. I went to petco and their cups are way bigger, 5 inches across and about 6 deep. Their bettas are active and very vibrant. If you gotta buy one from a pet store get it from petco, they aslo feed them frozen brine shrimp along with the normal fish flakes.

Or at least the one here does

1 - 6 of 6 Posts