Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I know some people have asked rather similar questions in the past but wanted to get your takes. We have a standard who we generally keep in a even length cut across his feet and body (using between and #2-#5 on our Andis clippers, depending on the season). However, I struggle maneuvering the big clippers around his paws and back leg joints.

I've considered the Andi's 5/8 tooth blade but feel like it will only help with the very short sections between his pads and still won't be as agile as one of the smaller Wahl cordless options. Of the Bravura, the BravMini+, and MiniArco, which would yall recommend for detail work that's not too short, given their various blade adjustment/clip options and their respective widths? I know that the base blade is a 30 on all three... i.e. very short.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I would go with a bravura with the metal comb attachments. But around the feet I think most groomers will scissor to get that round foot look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your responses! Do yall feel like the bravura's cordlessness makes a big difference in terms of maneuverability on detail areas? I finally found a site that specified the blade width and it looks like it is within a millimeter of my Andis blades. And yes, we probably need to amp up our scissoring game to really improve his feet styling! They have always been our weak point in the grooming process :).

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Asta hated the bravura (5 in 1 blade) I didn't like it either as all the settings are short. I use an Oster Turbo 5 that Asta tolerates. For the feet I guess some higher numbers may will do. Like the options that I can use - from a 3 up to a 10.
I use the 5 and 7 on the body, 10 on the fft. I also bought a toe blade, a little learning curve.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
While very much a novice I use my trusty old Oster A-5, #10 blade on face feet, and a 7 and 7F on body. His feet do leave something to be desired as I just don't get a really neat looking trim however his feet no longer get irritated either. I'm not so sure I will be returning him to his groomer who I do adore, this home grooming really is convenient for me and more relaxing for the both of us.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I originally bought a 15 blade for my Oaster A-5 for FFT but my Bravura is sooo much lighter and easier on my hands and wrists that I much prefer using it where possible. I do not have combs because I never use it on the body. I always switch back to the Oaster for body trims. I use the Braura on the 30 setting on Raven. Wren‘s face and feet hair is more sparse than Raven’s so I use the10 or 15 on him or else he looks scapled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts