Poodle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using puppy pads with my new 3 month old toy poodle. I plan on using them until he is at least 6 months old. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best most absorbent pads to use. I use Top Paw now, but they are quite expensive and hard to find in my area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
24,608 Posts
Since a puppy tpoo will have small volume pees and poos I don't think you need to worry too much about how absorbent they are. I would just make sure they are a decent size so that nothing goes over the edge if your pup doesn't get all the way to the middle of the pad.

BTW the only puppy we really had use of pads for was Lily for a few weeks until she decided to start ripping them up. Peeves and Javelin were housebroken by vigilance more than anything, but then again they are big and I think big dogs are a little different than tiny ones on this training.

Reactions: grjoga

·
Premium Member
7,576 Posts
I use these

Xmarks the

oh don't forget a target for him :wink:, my toy boy Leonard started hiking his leg at five months

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
On Ebay you can get 50 23x36 pads for $12.24 & free shipping

or at Chewys you can get 150 22x23 pads for $22.49 + $4.95 shipping.......... at Chewys you can get 1/2 off your 1st pack so that would make them only $11.25 for 150 pads! (Frisco brand)

Reactions: grjoga

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Walgreens has them. Petshoppe Puppy Training Pads 50 of them for 8 bucks. That's what we use around here for Francis, who at age 2 has finally discovered, wow, you can poop on these, too? Better late than never Francis. She's a Boston Terrier, sweet, but not too bright.

Noelle will beg me to take her outside, but will use a pad as a last resort. She always looks horribly embarrassed, though.

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
Bella is a nearly 6 month tpoo, and I can't speak highly enough of this, and have three of them (one for my dogsitter):

https://www.chewy.com/dogit-clean-training-pad-holder/dp/50630

I find it invaluable b/c with the pads only, once in awhile the puppy will pee near the edge of a pad only, which can get on both the pad and the floor. This sturdy holding tray prevents this. Placing the pads in the tray is literally a snap and rarely needs cleaning. No spills, non-slipping, no puppy chewing or playing with the pad. Only $18.54.

The 22x23" Wee-Wee Pads fit it perfectly and have never leaked, not once. A bag of 50 lasts me 2 to 3 months. Not bad for only $17.99.

https://www.chewy.com/wee-wee-pet-training-puppy-pads-22-x/dp/34324

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much!! I have the pad tray you suggested and you are so right! Its the best one I've found. I will be ordering the wee pads also. I love your suggestions and appreciate your advice-I'll be following it completely!!! Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts