Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband decided that he was willing to even have a dog shipped from out of state IF if breeder was heavily researched and reputable, etc. So now I'm thinking about expanding our search outside of Texas.

Does anyone have any experience with miniature poo breeders that they would highly recommend?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My breeder is wonderful, Clarion Poodles (a mother and daughter team with decades of experience). They are in the Sacramento area of California. They have a wonderful reputation and their dogs are lovely.

They don't ship puppies, but you can fly up there and fly home with the puppy in a carrier under the seat in front of you. I paid to fly the breeder and my puppy to my city. We met at the airport and got to talk for an hour before her flight home. It worked out great and I think it was much easier on the puppy than a 7-hour car ride.

They breed minis and toys, mostly black and white.

Clarion Poodles - Miniature & Toy Poodle Breeders

·
Registered
213 Posts
Since I trust Karen Green as a breeder, I can say that she suggested Noriko poodles to me at one point. She is in So. CA and has very nice dogs. She has one litter on the ground right now, and I believe one other coming up? Anyway, I think Noriko would definitely be worth a look.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Since I trust Karen Green as a breeder, I can say that she suggested Noriko poodles to me at one point. She is in So. CA and has very nice dogs. She has one litter on the ground right now, and I believe one other coming up? Anyway, I think Noriko would definitely be worth a look.
Beau's registered name is Noriko's Beaucoup De Bisous, so you know what I think! She has beautiful pups right now, born in mid-April. They might be spoken for by now -- I don't know. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You are in Texas?

Have you checked into Kadie Bonds in Conroe? She breeds minis and standards. I have read good things about her on here, and since it looks like we are moving to Houston, I will be looking her up to talk grooming, etc.

Her "kennel" name is: Makays Poodles.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If I were to get a mini, I would consider the following breeders:

Noriko in SoCal
Clarion in NorCal
Horizon in MN
Aery in TN
Eaglehill-South in SC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you checked into Kadie Bonds in Conroe? She breeds minis and standards. I have read good things about her on here, and since it looks like we are moving to Houston, I will be looking her up to talk grooming, etc.

Her "kennel" name is: Makays Poodles.
Thanks, I have emailed her back and forth. She has been very friendly but unfortunately has no mini's at this time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts