Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
What have you found to be the best conditioner for poodles?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm also looking to try a new shampoo/conditioner combo. I've been using Chris Christensen spectrum one and it's great but I'm tiring of the scent. I'd prefer something more floral or less intense.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've been using Isle of Dog Lush Coating conditioner and shampoo in Violet & Sea Mist scent. The scent is a little strong for me, though I've been happy with the resulting hair. Because of scent sensitivities I won't buy again.

I've also used Nature's Specialties Almond Crisp Shampoo. Good for use before clipping/scissoring- helps the hair stand up for more precise clipping.

I'd like to try Skout's Honor Probiotic Honeysuckle products. They also have an unscented version (and if I was smart I would go with that, lol).

I have a BioGroom puppy shampoo for faces. Works fine, and helps me feel like I'm being kind to my dog. Dog disagrees.

I hear really good things about Chris Christiansen products, but they are so expensive...

One thing I was keep in mind when bathing a dog (in the words of a breeder I know) is "Two soaps, one condition." Meaning, shampoo twice and condition once. I hope this random information helps. There are SO MANY shampoos and conditioners out there. If only I could sniff them all and THEN try my favorites on my dog, I might finally come to the conclusion on which is best for us. The answer still eludes me.

Please share what you like/dislike so we can learn something. And if anyone can recommend a sunscreen for a black coat, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I’ve heard igroom is nice. Right for weekly baths I’m using Crown Royal but it is a very strong perfume smell. I’ve also liked Isles of dogs.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I met this lady thru a Facebook acquaintance who is a distributor for K9 products, my FB friend has a standard that she uses it exclusively on and is a home groomer. K9 Coat Care
Not sure if I'm allowed to post that, if not feel free to remove it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve heard igroom is nice. Right for weekly baths I’m using Crown Royal but it is a very strong perfume smell. I’ve also liked Isles of dogs.
I don’t like strong perfume smell so I prob would not like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I met this lady thru a Facebook acquaintance who is a distributor for K9 products, my FB friend has a standard that she uses it exclusively on and is a home groomer. K9 Coat Care
Not sure if I'm allowed to post that, if not feel free to remove it.
Ah. I’ll have to check into this. Thx!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been using Isle of Dog Lush Coating conditioner and shampoo in Violet & Sea Mist scent. The scent is a little strong for me, though I've been happy with the resulting hair. Because of scent sensitivities I won't buy again.

I've also used Nature's Specialties Almond Crisp Shampoo. Good for use before clipping/scissoring- helps the hair stand up for more precise clipping.

I'd like to try Skout's Honor Probiotic Honeysuckle products. They also have an unscented version (and if I was smart I would go with that, lol).

I have a BioGroom puppy shampoo for faces. Works fine, and helps me feel like I'm being kind to my dog. Dog disagrees.

I hear really good things about Chris Christiansen products, but they are so expensive...

One thing I was keep in mind when bathing a dog (in the words of a breeder I know) is "Two soaps, one condition." Meaning, shampoo twice and condition once. I hope this random information helps. There are SO MANY shampoos and conditioners out there. If only I could sniff them all and THEN try my favorites on my dog, I might finally come to the conclusion on which is best for us. The answer still eludes me.

Please share what you like/dislike so we can learn something. And if anyone can recommend a sunscreen for a black coat, I'd appreciate it.
Lol. Dog disagrees. Funny. Thx for sharing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts