Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , this is now really sick ... Sorry if you saw it before but it is new to me- BERDOODLE ???????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint Berdoodle

Mr Barker

Sex: Male
Price: $700 USD

Fatima

Sex: Female
Price: $700 USD

View all puppies for sale

Country of Origin: United States - This is a cross between a St. Bernard and a Standard Poodle.

Size: The St. Berdoodle stands 25-28 inches at the shoulder and should weigh at least 132 pounds.

Coat: The coat is medium length, wavy hair. This mixed breed sheds very little, if at all.

Character: The St. Berdoodle is very friendly and good natured. It is loyal and protective.

Temperament: The St. Berdoodle is excellent with children and friendly towards household pets and other dogs.

Care: Brush and bathe as needed. The ears and eyes should be checked regularly.

Training: The St. Berdoodle is an intelligent dog. They love to please their owners so training is relatively easy. Due to their size, leash training should begin at an early age.

Activity: Daily walks and/or playtime in the yard will keep this breed happy. They need an average amount of excerise and enjoy the company of their owners.

Saint Berdoodle Puppies for Sale

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah you give something a cute name and voilà you are suddenly able to charge $$$. Perhaps this is where shelters have gone wrong all these years. Perhaps the money would have just rolled in had they been better at marketing with cute made up breed names :p. (being sarcastic of course) Seems to work for the pet store in the MALL where mixed breeds start at $799 unless "on sale", and purebreds are $1299+.

Speaking of Doodles... I've run into quite a few Goldendoodles and a Labradoodles recently. They were huge. Like nearly Great Dane huge. Golens, Labs nor Poodles are that monstrous in size. How can that be good breeding?? I can only imagine the health ramifications.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Yeah you give something a cute name and voilà you are suddenly able to charge $$$. Perhaps this is where shelters have gone wrong all these years. Perhaps the money would have just rolled in had they been better at marketing with cute made up breed names :p. (being sarcastic of course)
This might NOT be such a bad idea afterall - what do they have to lose really? It is sad though. I am working with the HS in MBSC right now. They have a mobil kennel and we are going to set up in our area in different stores to get the puppies and cats out there, and we are donating a bag of dog/cat food to those that adopt. Anything to help!! So they are trying to get creative in finding good pet homes. And I kind of like your idea lol!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
This might NOT be such a bad idea afterall - what do they have to lose really? It is sad though. I am working with the HS in MBSC right now. They have a mobil kennel and we are going to set up in our area in different stores to get the puppies and cats out there, and we are donating a bag of dog/cat food to those that adopt. Anything to help!! So they are trying to get creative in finding good pet homes. And I kind of like your idea lol!!
I know, it's so sad that shelters and rescues struggle while BYB and Pet Stores thrive. I'm heading to the mall today, I'll have to take photos of some of the CRAZY names they come with. Perhaps it will spur great marketing ideas :).

The sad fact is that this pet store in particular seems to sell pets like crazy. People in our area tend to be highly educated, usually overly so LOL. I am the queen of impulse purchases, but I don't understand why people find this sort of practice appealing? I'd find it an insult to my intelligence, and surely even the most uneducated pet buyer would realize they could get the same mixed puppy at a shelter for less than half the cost!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Beware of the Mutant Mountain Poodles

Size: The St. Berdoodle stands 25-28 inches at the shoulder and should weigh at least 132 pounds.
132 lbs? My that's rather precise . . . I wonder if they read tea-leaves and throw the bones for you as well . . . That's the size of lg male Rot or small female Mastiff . . . hmm . . . a giant poodle? That's kind of scary . . .

Mark, Jamie and The Poodle Gangsters:call-me:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I see ads here for newfidoodles here from time to time. I like Newfie dogs but really in combination with a poodle???? :fish: Its a sad thing. It seems anything combined with poodle is hot right now

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
What's scariest is the myriad combinations of genetic problems that could occur mixing two large breeds as different as these. That site I linked to claims that the hybrids are healthier--they don't state that that is only true if the puppies are fortunate enough to have inherited only the healthy traits from their parents. It's sad to think of the puppies who might be born with the genetic faults of both breeds. What happens to them?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So funny you posted this, because I came across what I thought was the weirdest breeding yet yesterday! Bernese Mountain Dog and Miniature Poodle!

"Bernedoodle and Miniature poodle, Mini's, Ready around the 15 of May to go home, excellent parents both have been proven. This breeding was planned with great care, and experience. They are guaranteed and will have shots and be dewormed. They are from parents of top quality breeding, with very special personalities, the mother is very laid back and has a quiet personality and the father is a happy go lucky kinda guy. All pups we have are born in our house, and very socialized before they go to there homes they just jump in your arms, when people come. They are non-breeding pets only, and are ready around the 15th of May to go home. I have a list started, for anyone interested in buying this unique breed."

Yikes, I hope the Bernese carried the puppies. :doh:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Bernese-mountain-dog-x-Miniature-poodle-mixed-W0QQAdIdZ189236219

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WTH... this stuff is getting weirder and weirder!! Almost $900 for a cross between a Berm and a mini???? And what are they going to be like, how large are they going to be, what kind of hair/fur are they going to have, what kind of temperament are they going to have... How can anyone "guarantee" anything on a cross breeding like this... too many variables, you have NO IDEA of which characteristics each pup will get!!! GUARANTEE????? Right!! :doh: And, were both parents at least tested for the specific things that each breed SHOULD be tested for??? WOW!!

Not to mention the cross that started this thread!! WOW, seems like EVERY breed "goes with a poodle", geesh if poodles are that great of a breed that the other breeds NEED to have their genes....THEN GET A POODLE!!!!!

If you want a mutt (and I have nothing against mutts at all!!), then get a free one from someone who has a litter that may end up in the pound OR go to the pound and pay a WHOLE lot less than $900 and give a dog a loving home! That would be the day I forked over near a grand for a dog that I had no idea what it was going to be like!

Ok.. I am getting off my soap box... if anyone else would like it, feel free to take it! :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, if people are willing to pay the price, there are plenty of shady people out there to do the "breeding"

www.drkkennel.com

Hush bassets?
Ori Pei?
English Comfort Doodle?

I want to add, that hush bassets have blue merle, from my understanding can cause many health problems, which makes me sad. I grew up with bassets, and they have such sweet souls. Why can't there be more regulation on breeders? I think the ones who are honest and don't just have litter after litter to have them would be more than willing to follow any guidelines.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The more I look at this sight the more I think they just get muts and make up names for them.

The "Dakota Shepherd" is like 5 different breeds according to them. :wacko:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts