Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy finally came home! This is him. We have called him Benson. He is 9 weeks old. =]

This is before he left the breeders. The afghan was orphaned at 2 days old, and Ben's mom "adopted" him. =] They were like the bestest friends.

Ben's fav new toy, the carrot.

Watching tv this morning.

Wanting up on the couch.

=]. No really good ones unfortunately, because I can't get him to sit still long enough to get a good shot!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh my! What an adorable puppy. I love his color. You must be soo happy :) Good luck with him. Stick to training and stay consistant and you will have a forever friend :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
PS - I do notice he has heavy tearing/weeping in his eyes. I would recommend a wash with Chamomile tea and a switch in diet. When you take him to the vet, mention it, he may have Conjunctivitis or Kennel cough.

Chamomile tea works very well as an eye wash, no chemicals, organic, and works well in babies, adults and animals with no bad side effects.

Okie dokie :focus:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! We've really been enjoying him. He is a sweetheart. =]

PS - I do notice he has heavy tearing/weeping in his eyes. I would recommend a wash with Chamomile tea and a switch in diet. When you take him to the vet, mention it, he may have Conjunctivitis or Kennel cough.

Chamomile tea works very well as an eye wash, no chemicals, organic, and works well in babies, adults and animals with no bad side effects.

Okie dokie :focus:
Thank you! I didn't know what to use to clean it! I have been wiping it with a damp cloth, I just didn't know what to use.

He doesn't really have any symptoms of kennel cough, but as for Conjunctivitis, is there any way to know if it is other than the vet? He has an appointment for vaccines, but not til the 20th, so I'm not sure if I should make an appointment before that?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, the weeping is cause for treatment, it seems pretty annoying for him to have :( . Not a huge ordeal, he could be allergy prone as well, hence my mentioning a switch in diet and an organic eye wash. My sister in law did the tea wash after 6 months of her newborn having the SAME problem in one eye, and it worked miracles. After 2 washes, he was totally normal, no weeping at all. I know it works for humans as well as pets, and the added benefit, no chemicals! What are you feeding your little cutie? If the wash doesn't work, diet may be key.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
ginger gets these relly big globs of mucous coming out of her eyes. the vet says its because the sinus are connected to the eye? She doesnt get stains - I wash her eyes daily and use natural eye drops for dry eye or allergy. Vet gave me name. It helps some but I am going to try the cham tea.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sinus might mean allergies? Makes sense to me... runny nose and eyes are usually allergy related in us people anyhow. I know some poodles are prone to it, I think they as a breed are sensitive to allergies and what they eat.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Gee maybe with a change in her food Ginger's eyes will be better. Since we were feeding Iams and pedigree she might be allergic to corn etc. I hope it clears up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts