Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited!! This weekend is our local dog show in Belleville Ontario!! (lol, I'm sure no one knows where that is!!! We're about 2 hrs east of Toronto) Is anyone on here going to this?

http://www.colmars.com/History/2009/JS 2009 10 2 Belleville.pdf

Anyway, I am so looking forward to just hanging out, and watching dogs and people!! There's a poodle specialty so I'm really looking forward to that!!

Just thought I would throw this out to the crowd so if anyone on here is going, we can make sure to try and meet up and say hello! :hello:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I was planning to go to that when my possible breeder was going to be there! But I don't think it's going to happen now, as we are moving office next week-end and have lots to do for that. :(

What day are you going?!?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going on Saturday for sure, maybe Sunday for a bit... we'll see. The Ottawa Valley Poodle Club Specialty is on Saturday at 1:25. You should come!!! From what I understand there are only 7 poodles entered and they are all specials. No regular classes. My breeder was saying she's surprised at the low number of entries for a specialty: no toys entered at all and only 3 mini's in regular classes. So that's dissappointing, I am really starting to love the Minis and Toys esp all decked out in their show clips. I was hoping to see some little guys prancing around the ring with bare bums!! But hey, it will be fun anyway!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
From what I understand there are only 7 poodles entered and they are all specials. No regular classes. My breeder was saying she's surprised at the low number of entries for a specialty: no toys entered at all and only 3 mini's in regular classes.
That is a low entry for a specialty... And they may not all even show, which would be a shame.

Hmm, well we'll have to see. I probs won't make it to this one but maybe the next one! Make sure to take photos! And if you meet a breeder called Sue Bowering, that's the woman I was talking to about a pup a while agon. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, I will look for her!! :)
I was grooming Rogan last night (face, feet and tail after his bath) and I was daydreaming about grooming him for a show! lol I'm silly I know! But just thinking about all those people getting ready for the show this weekend gives me butterflies!! I know it's tons of work, but also seems like it would so much fun and rewarding!! What a fun weekend with your dog (s)!!
I really want to do some CKC Obedience with Rogan so he can compete too! Maybe by next year I'll be participating in this show with him! That would be SO cool!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm going on Saturday for sure, maybe Sunday for a bit... we'll see. The Ottawa Valley Poodle Club Specialty is on Saturday at 1:25. You should come!!! From what I understand there are only 7 poodles entered and they are all specials. No regular classes. My breeder was saying she's surprised at the low number of entries for a specialty: no toys entered at all and only 3 mini's in regular classes. So that's dissappointing, I am really starting to love the Minis and Toys esp all decked out in their show clips. I was hoping to see some little guys prancing around the ring with bare bums!! But hey, it will be fun anyway!
I love specialties !!!!!! I am going in February to Phoenix to the 5 day cluster it is hooked to a specialty
I think i will show thursday and Friday only though ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts