Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On total Crap! That's right, I gave in, threw in the towel and got the Hills Z/D kibble from the vet. In a little more than a week she's gained 2 1/2 pounds. She weights 39 pounds now. Finally a tiny bit of meat back on her energetic little bones.

Flip side? She stinks like a dog and has dog breathe. Oy....

My friend said it's like I've put her on a Dorito diet. LOL.

Thank you to everyone for all your advice on her tummy troubles. I really hope things continue to go well, but am saddened I had to give in and feed her this stuff.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Way to go Bella! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :) Maybe once she is back at a good weight and not having any more tummy troubles you can reassess, but if she is keeping the Hill's down and gaining weight then IMO that's for sure the way to go!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So glad to hear she is doing better!
I know how you feel about having to switch to crappy foods for the well-being of your dog, I had to switch Mitch over to Hills as well for his kidneys, but he's doing really well and that's what matters most.

Good eating Bella!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
On total Crap! That's right, I gave in, threw in the towel and got the Hills Z/D kibble from the vet. In a little more than a week she's gained 2 1/2 pounds. She weights 39 pounds now. Finally a tiny bit of meat back on her energetic little bones.

Flip side? She stinks like a dog and has dog breathe. Oy....

My friend said it's like I've put her on a Dorito diet. LOL.

Thank you to everyone for all your advice on her tummy troubles. I really hope things continue to go well, but am saddened I had to give in and feed her this stuff.
I had tried all kinds of dog food before I tried Hills.

Charly also gained 2 pounds when starting Hills and looks great now.
Was always a little bit skinny.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
So nice to hear - and I agree with the others. If this works for her great!!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I had a feeling that this diet would be good for her for the time being. Healthy and happy on crap food is better then diarrhea and loosing weight on great food!!

I would wait at Least a couple months before even Trying to switch her back (if not much longer)!! I know you want to do it as soon as possible, but please be patient. Give her a long time to get back to normal and stay normal. I am so pleased this is helping her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts