Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you might remember me not being able to keep my foster boy Bernie- as jackson wouldn't get a long with him.

Jackson is a dog we got a year ago 30 minute sbefore he was to be PTS for 'dog agression' (nd human agression) 1 year later he is very good dog. He gets long with lots of dogs- as long s they leave him be- get in his fce he'll snarl- do it a few times he'll snap. He'll never be a oh lets go play at the park type dog- but he's good with 9 out of 10 dogs and always better with females. Bella has figured him out- after attempting to climb in his face several times the first few days (with lip curl, then snarl then a snap) she's figured out how to suck up to him. We're now almost 2 weeks in of "bella time" nd this morning on the couch- he's laying there she climbed up- shuffles closer- he grumbles... she waits for him to stop- he grumbles but a bit softer... she waits bi tmore...

Finally she just flops down beside him- takes abig sigh- he looks at her- takes a big sigh and put his head down and i got this pick :)

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
A sitcom in miniature. Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup he's been good with all our foster pups and I wanted a female because he'll tolerate boys bit all his "friends" have been girls n

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What a great story and pic to illustrate it! Jackson's an old softie!!! Hmmm...I work with several people like that!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Awww,what a sweet stroy what a good boy Jackson is.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ohhh, a story after my own heart! My old girl has similar markings to Jackson, and she too is a bit touchy about other dogs (though not as GOOD as Jackson is!) and especially so if they're 'in your face' she will get really snarky and go for them!!! It's taken time, but her and Paris are now good friends and sleep together in the same crate..... soooo love those touching moments!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts