Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sorry I have been unable to get back here and post a picture of our new little guy. I post at work and have been unable to visit due to 2 large projects...the last one being mailed off today finally!

I'm not the best at posting pictures but I'm giving it a try. Hopefully, it will work.

As for Oliver, he is a joy! He fits right in with our family as if he has always been here. Right now, he is such a nibbler/biter. Those little teeth hurt! Housetraining is still in progress...although he doesn't have accidents everyday. I'm going to start another post about this later.

So here he is on the day we got him...about 5 weeks ago. I'm going to get my H to upload recent pictures from our camera so y'all can see how big he has gotten!

Okay...I can not figure out how to get the pictures here. They are in my Microsoft Photo Editor here at work, but when I hit attach files with this post, and I browse, Microsoft Photo Editor does not show up for me to browse through. UGH!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
D'OH! I want to see him really bad. He sounds like such a sweetie.

When you normally view the files, do you open them from your desktop or do you open MS Photo Editor to get to the files?

OK, this might sound simple, but I like to rule out the easy things first. If you open the pictures straight from your desktop, remember that there is a desktop button on the left panel when you are searching for files to attach. This should help you quickly navigate to the folder where your pictures are stored.

If you open MS Photo Editor to get to your files, they are likely stored somewhere else. When I can't remember where they are, I open the file and pretend I am going to save it as something else. Click File | Save As. The window that pops up should tell you the folder where the current file is stored. Sometimes I will even use the 'up' folder icon to show me how to find that folder. The 'up' folder icon is a folder with a green up arrow in front of it.

I hope that helps you find the files so you can attach them for us to see.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
He's gonna be a snuggly love bug I can tell :)

He is already giving the what are you looking at me like that for look ;) hehe

·
Registered
335 Posts
Pretty boy! Looks lke lots of little feet in your second picture-you must have some excited kids-right? How did Oliver enjoy his bath? What does he weigh now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

He is a snuggly bug. If he isn't laying on the floor vent, his absolutely favorite place, then he is trying to get on someone's lap. LOL!! And he loves to snuggle with me right before his bedtime.

The picture of him in the tub was about 4 weeks ago...and he pouted for an hour afterwards. I gave him another bath about a week ago and he was a little better about it. But if the sprinklers are on, he is out there running around in them....if the water hose is on, he wants you to spray him with it....and if we are visiting my mom, he is splashing around in her waterfall. Obviously, he loves water...just not shampoo. LOL!

He fits right in with our family too. Both of my children absolutely adore him...although he chases them around the house wanting to nibble on them. My 9yo was very disappointed that we didn't get a Spudz McKenzie type dog and wasn't as excited about Oliver when we first got him, but just yesterday he was running around, playing with him, and laughing so hard. He said, "I just love Oliver so much. I really regret saying we should take him back." How sweet is that! My 6yo wants to take care of him and brush him and get him to snuggle with her in her bed. I'm just so excited both of them are enjoying this puppy experience. I think that is such a great childhood memory.

Mandi...he was at the vets office on Jul 29 and weighed 19.7lbs. He just turned 3 months on Aug 4...so I don't know if that is big, average or what. He goes to the vet today for another shot and I will weigh him then. He is growing so fast and his paws are huge!

I'll try to post more uptodate pictures soon.

Thanks again for the compliments!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm so glad you got the pictures up. He is a cutie. Love his eyes and his nose and his floppy ears and his curly hair....LOL. It's no wonder why the kids are having so much fun. Congratulations on your new addition.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I guess that is the right size for a standard-just wondering one of my mini-poos is 18.7lbs and he is 11 months old-but he is 17 in.which is taller than he should be for a mini-I think the male standards get about 75 lbs normally. That is a good size. Will you be grooming him yourself?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We went to the vet friday for a shot and he weighed 25lbs! I can not believe how fast he is growing. Even the vet said "Wow" when she came in to check him out. He has also gotten so tall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts