Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I groomed Vinnie this afternoon. It has been two weeks since his last groom and that is about as much time as I can stand! LOL. I thought it would be fun to do some shots while I was grooming him. I wish they had turned out better.

This is his scruffiness before:

After being brushed out:

After his bath:

After being dried/brushed:

to be continued...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! I am rather partial, but I think he's pretty handsome!

Taxtell: LOL - you've got that right!! He is NOT a foo-foo dog at all - he'd rather be out rolling in a mud puddle somewhere - little pig! :biggrin:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks great! I'm really attracted to the shaved ears that some poodles are sporting! My husband would kill me if I did that to our dogs, but I am really, really starting to like it!

·
Registered
263 Posts
He is so handsome. You do a wonderful job
grooming him! I too am really starting to like
the shaved ears.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once you shave those ears, you'll never go back!!! :rofl:

Seriously - give it a try! I went a little extreme today - 30 blade of f/f/t/ears as I have an agility trial next weekend and don't want to groom him again in a week, but still want him to look nice. Most times I go with a 15 blade.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Vinnie!!!! He looks so stunning. Love his freshly shaven face. It looks so smooth and silky. It's fun to see his progression from ungroomed gorgeous to freshly groomed dashing debonair darling!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
He is scrum-dilli-iscious. One thing that could make him look nicer is his little rear. See where his natural bum cheeks would be? With all that hair, he looks like he has a bootylicious behind. Take some of that length off. He also would look nice if his tail and rectum area were done with a #5. Masculine and not so attention getting back there, if you see what I mean. But he is such a handsome male. I LOVE that head....on the profile picture AFTER grooming, see if you can make the line from corner of eye to ear up a tiny bit higher and straighter. You did a nice job on everything. His fur is nice and fluffed

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow Agility!!! Vinnie is just stunning! I love the #30 on his face....so smooth!!! Too bad Mister cant handle a #30 but ill have to try a #15

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is scrum-dilli-iscious. One thing that could make him look nicer is his little rear. See where his natural bum cheeks would be? With all that hair, he looks like he has a bootylicious behind. Take some of that length off. He also would look nice if his tail and rectum area were done with a #5. Masculine and not so attention getting back there, if you see what I mean. But he is such a handsome male. I LOVE that head....on the profile picture AFTER grooming, see if you can make the line from corner of eye to ear up a tiny bit higher and straighter. You did a nice job on everything. His fur is nice and fluffed
Thanks for the ideas! I usually do the tail with a 15 and it's a little less obvious. The light skin really does stand out! LOL. I know what you mean about tightening up his rear - that will be my goal for the next groom - tight booty.

I have always struggled with that line from eye to ear and then having the shaved ears. I know I am supposed to go straight from the outer corner of his eye to the ear (right?). I need to go higher, but am afraid to go too high and tight on the sides and I always end up giving him a fat head. I think I need to shave up higher on the base of his ears too - that may make his head/top knot look too wide. I want to have the top knot moderate length and still blend in nicely with the neck/ears. That is just such a problem area for me! Ugh!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Once you shave those ears, you'll never go back!!! :rofl:
Haha! I must be the odd one out then, cos I'm sooo sick of shaved ears and can't wait till Paris' grow out long again! Mind you, I haven't EVER had Paris with long ears, so I might get sick of those later too! haha

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Vinnie ALWAYS looks like such a handsome guy... and he always looks so softtttt, crushed velvet-y, almost :)

I just love his tail, too. I wish TPFKAP (no, really... I do call him Miles at home, it just feels so weird to type, lol!) had a long, pretty tail like that!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Aw, Vinnie always looks cute and I love the shaved ears!

I should get some of mine before, during and after one of these days. I'm usually so rushed by the time I get to do mine!

He looks great though, i love his coat all fluffed out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks!! I just LOVE to bury my face in his hair after he's had a bath - he is so soft and squeezable and smells sooooooo good!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts