Poodle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember our trials getting the look we wanted at a groomer. We swung completely in the other direction this time with a perfectly clean face. I’m so surprised by how mature he looks now! At 6 months we haven’t really really seen his face since about 12 weeks. My 8 yo cried when he saw him (he often struggles with changes). But he’s grown on him and likes being able to see his eyes! I love it but might go with a touch more fur on his face next time. He’s still head shy but did much better at the groomer than last time. A few areas aren’t perfect but the groomer just ended the groom when it was decent to keep it a positive experience. I saw on a groomer page—“I dropped off a doodle and picked up a poodle.”

·
Registered
552 Posts
He’s adorable no matter what, but esp as a poodle. 😉

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
He’s gorgeous, beautiful groom. Yes he does look more mature, but still a puppy.

Reactions: GoldieMom20

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I’m loving the “after”! We’ve never done anything fancy with Buck. He has a clean face, short body cut and poofy tail. So much easier to live with, especially in our hot and lately rain every day climate. Very handsome, no question about his breed, new groom.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
He looks so handsome! I love a clean face because I feel like I can communicate with my dog much better when I can see his facial expressions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He looks so handsome! I love a clean face because I feel like I can communicate with my dog much better when I can see his facial expressions.
I agree! We are doing a training class and I felt much more in tune with him this week. Much easier to see where they’re looking when you can see their eyes! Probably helps them with eye contact, too.

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Probably helps them with eye contact, too.
Especially as some studies suggest that dogs are actually rather nearsighted and see color very differently than we do.

Dogs would see a rainbow as dark yellow (sort of brownish), light yellow, gray, light blue and dark blue. Dogs don't see red, purple (violet), or orange as we do. So, while it is established that dogs see shades of yellow, blue and gray, if a dog were to look at a uniform that is red or green it would appear as faded brownish, gray or indistinct. See the color chart below for an approximate idea of what colors dogs see best.

Color Improves Agility: Dogs do better at agility training when the weave poles, tunnels, jumps and boards are painted in colors they can easily discern.

Nearsighted: Dogs see 20/75, which makes them quite nearsighted.

Best Dog Toy Color: Based on what we know about dogs’ color vision, the best color for dog toys is blue.

Left: Human view of a dog with a orange, red, and yellow rope in his mouth. Right: The same scene through canine eyes, as interpreted through the Dog Vision Image Processing Tool.

Left: Human view of a blue and red tennis ball sitting in the green grass. Right: The same tennis ball through canine eyes, as interpreted through the Dog Vision Image Processing Tool. This helps show dogs are better able to distinguish blues than reds.

·
Registered
Evelyn, sable standard poodle
125 Posts
Adorable before, beautiful after. Both are great looks imo, but there's a special joy in a silky clean poodle face!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts