Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The love of my house passed at 15yrs last Valentine's Day. It was also her birthday. A sudden loss of her rear legs sent her on to the rainbow bridge. We have 3 retired greyhounds and she allowed up to 50 fosters over the past 10 years. New Years brought a big wishful surprise. A beautiful black standard to honor her memory. I found her on Craig's List . She was just an hour away and I can't believe she was a rehomed dog who stayed with "finder" in the home next to where I rented 40 years ago while attending college. Belle walked in the house like she belonged here AND she does. Happy gotcha day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Introducing Belle.
The love of my house passed at 15yrs last Valentine's Day. It was also her birthday. A sudden loss of her rear legs sent her on to the rainbow bridge. We have 3 retired greyhounds and she allowed up to 50 fosters over the past 10 years. New Years brought a big wishful surprise. A beautiful black standard to honor her memory. I found her on Craig's List . She was just an hour away and I can't believe she was a rehomed dog who stayed with "finder" in the home next to where I rented 40 years ago while attending college. Belle walked in the house like she belonged here AND she does. Happy gotcha day. View attachment 463559

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
Welcome to your Belle! She does look at ease and very comfortable in her new home. Best New Year’s wishes to you both.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Both just beautiful and happy to hear that joy eventually followed the sorrow. They stay with us always and somehow create room for more love.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The love of my house passed at 15yrs last Valentine's Day. It was also her birthday. A sudden loss of her rear legs sent her on to the rainbow bridge. We have 3 retired greyhounds and she allowed up to 50 fosters over the past 10 years. New Years brought a big wishful surprise. A beautiful black standard to honor her memory. I found her on Craig's List . She was just an hour away and I can't believe she was a rehomed dog who stayed with "finder" in the home next to where I rented 40 years ago while attending college. Belle walked in the house like she belonged here AND she does. Happy gotcha day. View attachment 463559
What a lovely story! So happy For you. And lucky Belle. I am sitting here, smiling at the great photo while our elegant black Standard Poodle snoozes next to me

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
What a wonderful find on Craig’s list. Both dogs are gorgeous and I’m so happy you found a new love In Belle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts