Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those terrible people who let my dogs sleep in bed with me. They love it, I love it, it is a win/win.

However, I'm laying in bed right now and my poops are in their favorite places to be while cuddling with me...
TQ is curled in a tight little ball in the back of my knees - she would prefer to be UNDER the covers right now, but I am not letting her as she STEALS them once she is under them.

TPFKAP is curled up next to my head, snoozing away. He likes to sleep like a little person and have his head on a pillow (I have creepily woken up many times to his big eyes just staring at me from the other pillow like, "Oh hey, you're awake... don't mind me, I just wanted to check and see if you were still alive and still going to get me my breakfast. P.s. I probably already got down off the bed and peed on all your shoes. Tee hee." Okay maybe not the peeing part, he's stopped that... as well as he can't jump back up on my bed by himself.)

I love that they sleep where they do and they have "their spots". If your doggies sleep on the bed, where do they like to lay the best?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
It depends on the day whether or not I let my boxer sleep with me, if she's not under covers she SHAKES all night, but she can be gassy and snores really loud so if I'm feeling cold we'll snuggle, but if not she gets to sleep on the couch. Vegas sleeps in his kennel, and seems to enjoy it. ^^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on temperature or how short I've groomed them, on top or under covers:

Precious & Moose (toys): Around my chest area.

Lady (parti): waist down

Isaac (brown, Lady's brother): waist down on opposite side

Rod (apricot): Between the wall and top of my head. I refer to him as my 65lbs hat.

Job (black): Waist down by my wife.

Tyler (lab golden x): whereever he can fit, or on the floor.

When I'm gone at work for 4 or 5 days, my wife is blessed with the all :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Matrix sleeps in my parents bed usually. On occasion he'll sleep on the couch, dog bed or when it's hot, he'll sleep on the bathroom floor be cause the tiles are cold.

Mitch sleeps in my bed on the right side by my feet most nights. Lately he's been leaving me in the middle of the night to go sleep in the dog bed. I like when he sleeps with me, but sometimes he takes up WAY too much room!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
It depends on the day whether or not I let my boxer sleep with me, if she's not under covers she SHAKES all night, but she can be gassy and snores really loud so if I'm feeling cold we'll snuggle, but if not she gets to sleep on the couch.
That's a pretty accurate description of my ex.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Juliet (mini dachsie) goes under the covers and plasters herself against my stomach or behind my thighs (depending on which side I'm lying on when she gets in) Hannah's favorite place to sleep (and the place she's slept for the last 8 years - before Lucy) is on "her" pillow right next to my pillow, between my head and my hubby's head. Now that Lucy is sharing the bed, however, she'll sometimes scam that spot before Hannah can, so Hannah will just plop down anywhere between hubby & me. Lucy will migrate during any given night - she'll sleep down by David's feet, up by my head, in the middle of the bed, back down to the feet, onto the floor by the bedroom door, back up by my head... Luckily she's very quiet about moving around and I just happen to see her in different spots if I roll over or something and check where everyone is...

Besides the three dogs in bed, we also have anywhere between 2 and 4 cats who join us as well... They just find spaces between the dogs, or more likely; perched on top of my hip, shoulder, legs, etc... The other night I saw Sugar Plum curled up on top of Hannah!! :lol: Hannah was just looking at me with her eyes bugging out of her head (they do that sometimes) like, "MOM!!! What am I supposed to do about this cat on me??!!" Hannah is such a gentle soul she didn't want to disturb the puddy-tat!! :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
When Midge used to sleep in the bed, she would sleep in my husband's spot when he was gone and I would cuddle on her. But, since the allergist has told us no dogs in the bed, she has to be content on the floor next to me.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have 3 they all sleep in my bedroom.

Only one gets to sleep in the bed, she likes to sleep at the end of the bed and she normally stays there until we fall asleep then goes down and lies down on the dog bed.

I can sleep through anything so I am not aware of when they wake up or what ever they do during the night.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's pretty funny, Marian! My mini poos sleep in their crates and our GSD sleeps on her beautiful orthopedic bed in front of the fireplace....she is a guard dog, after all!

·
Registered
918 Posts
As Jas is a puppy I shouldn't admit that I let him sleep with me. But I do. Sorry the photos are such bad quality, a dark room is not the iPhone's forte! This is how sleeping typically goes for us in this house...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks, Mandi!

Teddy and Mickey both sleep with me, but not always in the same spots on the bed. I'm the only one who is always in the same place. Sometimes before going to sleep, I play games on my iPod Touch (in bed). Mickey likes to curl up on my legs when I do that, and lately, Teddy has been sneaking into Mickey's spot before Mickey gets there. So when Mickey arrives and sees Teddy in his place on my lap, he just climbs on me higher, like, on top of my stomach. I don't know if you've ever had a 21 pound cat standing on your stomach, but I can tell you, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

Teddy prefers to be on top of the duvet, and if it's cold, Mickey likes to be under it. Otherwise, he's on top of it too.

Usually when I wake up, Mickey is on the pillow above my head and Teddy is right next to me, stretched out with his back against my leg.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Before all this rain and mud everybody was atleast in the bedroom. Now however, the border and aussie are in the living room by the back door to try to contain the mess. (They sleep in crates) Fin, mini, sleeps on my right if Reece, toy, will let him. If not he sleep down by my legs. Reece sleeps up by my side. Whether she is under the covers or not depends on the temp and her mood. Allie boo sleeps on the floor or in her crate. Sometimes when she feels like it she will sleep at the foot on my husbands side of the bed. She's not a snuggler.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Bailey sleeps w/ me quite a bit. He is always at the foot of the bed unless it's particularly cold and he doesn't have his own blanket. When it's warmer he usually sleeps in the floor on one of his two beds. (Unfortunately for Bailey the cats have recently claimed the dog beds, muhahaha!) Harley sleeps in his crate. He doesn't get bathed anywhere near as often as Bailey and he is outdoors more often, so he is much dirtier. He's also been trained from day one to stay off the furniture unless he's invited. He's only invited when he's just had a bath, so he's not used to being on the furniture and would rather be on the floor. The Spoo puppy is going to start off in the crate and we'll see where it goes from there.

I don't know if it's a dominance thing, a possesion thing or he just wants something that has my scent but Bailey always wants my blanket. I made him his own fleece blanket and he never liked it. He wanted the longhorn blanket I made for myself. I finally gave in and let him have it and now he wants my Harley Davidson throw.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
They all like to sleep with us. Though usually Jenny sleeps with Dan . She is usually sharing his pillow when I look in. Betty Jo usually sleeps with us. Tom does not get home till 3:00 am 4 days a week so on those days she starts out on his side often on his pillow. When he gets home he kicks her over and she usually moves to the middle near our feet.

I could not resist sharing these two pics that I took one morning when Tom was sleeping in. Obviously it was taken a few months ago before Sport passed away. This is how they all really prefer to sleep, all cuddled up with us.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Such wonderful photos and comparisons!

We love you Spot!

Zulee will usually start at the foot of the bed and then in the night she will migrate up and put her head on my pillow like a little person. I can relate to the stare "Are you awake yet! Let's Go!". Hahahaha....

If it's cold, she will snuggle all night. Otherwise, she will do the dead bug pose with her belly exposed. One cute thing is that she will touch me and hubby both with a paw or her nose...something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts