Poodle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
There are a few canned foods I have found that are single ingredient too.

I used to sell dog food - it was pretty rare to see a reaction to rice. Tapioca is the other good one - was told by one sales rep there is no known allergies to tapioca in any animal (pure starch, no protein). Wholesome blend was the other brand we used for super limited dogs.

Can Beckie handle duck? Natural balance has a Potato and Duck or a Brown rice and duck that might work. Or here's a Turkey formula ...https://www.instinctpetfood.com/dogs/limited-ingredient-diet/instinct-limited-ingredient-diet-grain-free-recipe-real-turkey-small

Would canned be better for you than raw?

Really hope you can find something that works for her.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
There are a few canned foods I have found that are single ingredient too.
Do you have specific name brands ? I haven’t found any besides Rayne. It needs to be low fat (around 5%) and single proteins with very limited ingredients. No grain, no soy, no corn. Nothing with a name we don’t understand.

Can Beckie handle duck?
It hasn’t been tested yet but it’s a fat meat. Turkey, rabbit, kangaroo and venison, for example, are lean. So far beef and turkey are out. Turkey is okay, rabbit probably but gives her reflux.

Really hope you can find something that works for her.
Thank you ! :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
No brand names on the wet single ingredient - just noticed when I was looking for wet food for Annie last time.

Natural Balance Grain Free Turkey (peas)? As a dry dog food. Its basically turkey, peas, and vitamins and minerals. They have a venison formal too.

Otherwise check out Wellness and Nature's variety Instinct

All 3 do canned as well as kibble and even treats.

Zignatues (sp?) also does LID, but I have no experience with them.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts