Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beau's top notch, or I think that is what it called seems to be unruly. I gave him his bath and now his top has parted.

Beau is now letting me comb him as long as I want to until he gets tired. He doesn't nip at me. Brushing is a different story. I am trying very hard to fix that. I am doing it a little each day like I did the comb.

Debby

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I first got Patch he had so many burrs in his top notch that it was painful for him when I tried to remove them...we ended up clipping off his top notch. I can't wait for it to grow back.

You seem to be doing well with your dog. Patch is 15 mos. old now and was taught very few manners...so I'm puppy training a 50 pound animal...ugh.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
It's top knot ;D

A slicker brush and combing straight up should get his top knot fluffy again, if only for a bit. I've seen dogs who's top knots never go flat, and those who's top knots flatten within hours of being brushed.

Keep the conditioner away from it, and, though I havent tried it, try washing it, letting it air dry curly, then brush it up?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is really a good dog. I had to call petsmart and ask them how to brush Beau's teeth. I had bought the stuff, but didn't have a clue how to use it. With my other dog, I couldn't do it, he was too agressive and I let my groomer or the vet to do it. This time I WILL do it. Besides Beau doesn't have a dominant aggressive personality. I think he is afraid to the brush right now. He was afraid of the comb at first. I didn't try both at the same time, I guess I probably should have. I can't go back and undo it though. When I have combed him well, it should make brushing easier. Debby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts