Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beau is doing so well at potty training. He still uses the puppy pads once in a while, but he getting the hang of it. He doesn't like the wet grass in the morning though.

He is getting better at nipping and chewing everybody. He loves to play fetch, well he loves to go get the toy, he just doesn't like to give it back so you can throw it again.

He goes for his grooming tomorrow. I hope that turns out ok.

Debby

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Debby, so you are training your Beau inside on the puppy pad and also outside? How do you do that? I thought it will be confusing to the puppy where he supposed to go. Also share some pictures after his grooming :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Are you home during the day? If so, I would dispense with the pee pads and just train to go outside. It will be easier for you and for him. Are you training him not to chew and nip at everyone? It is tempting to find this cute when they are small but can escalate into a big problem later on.

I can't wait to see photos of him after his grooming.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was exclusively using the puppy pads because the groomer told me not to take him outside until he had all his shots. So I got puppy pads. Now I am trying to train him outside. He does real well, but sometimes he refuses to go poo outside and will come inside and immediately head for the pad and go poo. Do you think I should take the pads away? Won't he have accidents that way? Debby

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh about the nipping and biting, I am having the hardest time wiht that. I was told to put toys and nyla bones in freezer and that would feel good on his gums. He is getting better. He loves to nip at my grandson, Caleb's, diaper. Needless to say, I have to buy lots of diapers because of this. lol

Debby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts