Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Beau looks like such a sweetheart, so handsome.

Rusty is so much lighter, what a surprise to watch them clear.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve been trying to determine if Beau is still getting lighter. I think what happens is that when he gets a good clipping (1/4” on his body), that I can see his light skin a bit through the hair, and so he looks lighter. Photos are so difficult to compare with the lighting/gain factor, but for example, here is before and after his last groom. He’s 19 months now.
Just for fun 🤩

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Plant Water dog Vertebrate Carnivore

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
The difference maybe due to guard hairs. They grow more quickly and are often a little darker.

I’ve noticed this with Babykins who is silver but her guard hairs are dark silver. If you look closely a few weeks after a grooming you can see the guard hairs are slightly taller and seem to have more impact on the color seen in their coat. When groomed they are the same length and don’t have that impact

Reactions: Apricot mini momma

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hugo has definitely faded from red to apricot on his body over the last 3-4 months. His guard hairs are plentiful at the back of the neck and shoulders and it is like seeing frost on coat. His legs are still red (and still puppy fluff), as is the very top of his head and his ears, but I expect they will fade too. I'll try to post a photo later. He is now almost 16 months old. His dam is pale apricot and his sire a very dark red, so I was prepared for this fading.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts