Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beau has been being a real cutie the last couple of days, and amazingly I managed to catch some pretty cute moments on camera :LOL:.

Beau before grooming

Blurry but cute

And after visiting the groomer, showing off his new look (shaved face)
IMG_20200811_235006314.jpg

"Got any treats Mom?"

And playing with my niece and nephew.

My nephew tried to back out of the picture saying "I don't want anyone to see me" , gotta love 7yr olds :D.

I know his tear stains look pretty bad, I have talked to his groomer and the vet about it. He also has a little trouble with itchy skin, so they believe that it is environmental allergies and I am looking into medication to treat it.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
What a sweet little face he has!

He also has a little trouble with itchy skin, so they believe that it is environmental allergies and I am looking into medication to treat it.
Are the stains a little stinky? If so, could be a yeast infection. I'd also review and possibly tweak his diet and environment before treating the symptoms. Whole cooked egg, for example, makes Peggy very itchy. And her groomer's very gentle soap-free shampoo gives her goopy eyes. Just switching up her shampoo and sticking to water only on her face has made a big difference.

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah he can be a real cutie-pie when he wants to be, makes it very hard to stay mad at him when he's being naughty.

Are the stains a little stinky?
No not really, though one of his ears was a little "yeasty" and the groomer cleaned it with an anti-fungal solution. The vet thinks it is probably mostly environmental, but that it could also be related to the chicken in his dog food. About 3 months ago I gave him some cooked ground turkey, and it gave him diarrhea. But he eats bits of cooked fish with no problem. We've had him on this food for about 5 months and every so often for no reason at all he will have soft poops/diarrhea, not bad though. Last week I started switching him over to 4Health Original Lamb and Rice formula, which has no poultry. And I am looking into different treatment/medication. Hopefully we can get it figured out. :confused:
He’s cute either way but I love his shaved face! So cute.
Beau says Thank You! Oh my goodness he was so upset with me that night, he wanted nothing much to do with me :oops:.
We decided it was time for a more "grown up" look, as my nephew said "he looks like a poodle now" lol.

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Earlier tonight I looked up and found Beau like this . . .

He actually fell asleep like that.

Silly puppy :LOL:.

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was playing with my camera today, and a certain little somebody decided to pose for Mommy. :D

the color came out a little weird on this one

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
What a cutie. Your neice is adorable too.

You might find keeping a shaved face, and a gentle wipe with a water dampen soft wash cloth will help lessen the problem. I like baby washcloths for this, they are soft and thinner than normal wash cloths.

Like PeggytheParti, I also kept a careful log of everything my dog ate to figure out her food allergies/intolerance. My dog didn’t have tea stains, but her ears were red and she licked or scratched a little more than normal.

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I finally managed to find the video his breeder sent me of Beau playing with his siblings! I still can't find his "baby" pictures, but this is Beau playing with his brother & sister. The video was taken 2 days before we brought him home, his siblings both went to their new homes later that week.

This is Adam (black), Bebe (cream), and Chuck (Beau). Beau is the little cutie playing with his brother Adam.

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
He’s such a doll! I always recommend vet dermatologists instead of wasting time, trying this and that. They know all the best shampoos and other products and find the root causes quickly. It’s a shame his handsome face has those tear stains. If they don’t resolve, something to consider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts