Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beau is now 7 months old. He is going to his groomer monday. I need to have a few good ideas for cuts. Can anyone give me some links or ideas? Thanks so much. Debby

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
If you Google Poodle haircuts, you can look at scads of photos and see what you like. I would think at seven months old, you will want a scissored puppy trim or a town and country, which has a clipped body and longer, scissored legs. If you get too drastic now, he will totally go from a puppy to an adult looking dog and your puppy will no longer exist.

BTW...it does not matter the weight of your Poo. If he is under ten inches at the shoulder, he is a Toy.

Good luck. I have Standards so dont know if you could grasp what any trims on my dogs that I have photos of would look like on yours because of the huge size difference. But I would be happy to post some if you'd like me to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A scissored puppy sounds nice. His top knot really needs to be trimmed. it is starting to part. I would love to see your spoos. I don't want lose the puppy, but I don't just want the paws and tail trimmed. I would like something special. I will go to google and see if I can find what you are talking about. BTW he is under 10 inches. he is all hair. he is about 8.5 to 9 inches. Debby

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
we just had Elphie trimmed really close and she'll be 7 months old December 17th

but shes a standard poodle so I don't know if you'd like her trim on your little one ^_^

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
A scissored puppy sounds nice. His top knot really needs to be trimmed. it is starting to part. I would love to see your spoos. I don't want lose the puppy, but I don't just want the paws and tail trimmed. I would like something special. I will go to google and see if I can find what you are talking about. BTW he is under 10 inches. he is all hair. he is about 8.5 to 9 inches. Debby
You should Google `Teddy bear trim for Poodles``. Oh, they look soooooooo adorable in it. The toys look just like...well...toys!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just had Jackson cut into a grownup poodle look (pictures to be posted) and while he looks elegant, grownup and is a very handsome poodle, I was shocked when I went to pick him up. I didn't recognize him! I did it two days ago and I still miss his soft curly nose. He looked like such a huggable teddybear and now he looks too sophisticated to be my silly happy puppy.

I may grow to love it but it's still too much of a shock for me yet.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I just had Jackson cut into a grownup poodle look (pictures to be posted) and while he looks elegant, grownup and is a very handsome poodle, I was shocked when I went to pick him up. I didn't recognize him! I did it two days ago and I still miss his soft curly nose. He looked like such a huggable teddybear and now he looks too sophisticated to be my silly happy puppy.

I may grow to love it but it's still too much of a shock for me yet.
Thats the way I felt about Elphie, but I've grown to adore her new look
I love how sophisticated they look after they get all scruffy then shaved down!!
I don't get asked if shes a doodle anymore when I walk her and Neko!! XD
so thats a plus I guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts