Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bea and I are riding the rollercoaster of her terminal cancer diagnosis, she has a lot of good days, there are days she is very skittish and frightens easily, days that it is hard to walk, mixed with days she romps around in joy, she is sooo hungry these days and has gained a lot of weight, all of this not the cancer I am familiar with but I accept this as being part of her incredibly rare cancer that even the oncologist couldn't tell me what to expect, it's been four months since she was diagnosed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I am very happy that you and Bea are enjoying life. It is good in a way not to know what to expect and I hope she will still have lots of time to enjoy the good days with you. You are such a good caring mom. My friends doodle is still going but i fading. She has invested $15,000 in his care (good that she has it). But with 5 young children and no improvement they are just letting him enjoy his time. She heard from he oncologist that he has seen 29 yes 29 dogs from the same breeder. They are a huge breeder but still... Back to Be a she is also looking very good and comfy too in her chair. She is the boss lady!

·
Premium Member
23,200 Posts
I am happy to see that Bea is still living large.

Mufar that is a lot of money and how sad that the vet oncologist has seen so many cancer dogs from that "breeder." It isn't quite a huge surprise to see that those dogs are loaded with cancer though since goldens are loaded with cancer (and that can be true for good golden breeder). I imagine that the cancer rates in many doodles are even worse.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
So glad Bea is still having bouncy, happy days. These months are very precious, and every good day another gift from the fates - may there be many, many more of them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What a doll she is sitting in that chair like CEO of the world :) I'm glad she's having good days. They're even more precious. I agree with some of the others, it's probably good that you don't know what to expect so that you can simply be in the moment with her. Sending hugs to you & the Beatrice. She's adorable as ever!

·
Registered
136 Posts
God bless her! I just lost my Doberman to cancer, I know how hard it can be to know the end will come sooner than you would like. Everyday is precious! I’m happy to hear she is having good days. She is comfortable and loved and that is the best gift you are giving her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
So happy to hear that Bea has good days and romps around. You are so strong! And you're a great mom. Keep enjoying the good times, and roll with the bad. I know you love on her as much as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts