Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been six months, so needs all her kidney values checked again to see how she is doing with her kidney disease. So a sterile urine draw straight from her bladder or cystocentesis for a urine culture and urinalysis.
Beatrice also has lumps and bumps that I am not happy about because they've grown fast, so they biopsied them both, hopefully one is a fatty tumor but it's doubled in size, the other a cyst.

Praying for something simple.

·
Premium Member
13,260 Posts
Hoping all is well - how long before you get the results?

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Keeping you and Bea in my thoughts and hoping for good news.

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words, I should know the results mid week.

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
Best wishes for simple direct answers!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Such a long time to have to wait. I'm sorry for the worry. Hoping everything will turn out all right. Lots of positive vibes coming your way.

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all. The urinalysis came back normal, waiting for the rest of the tests. Always a bumpy ride for little Bea.

·
Premium Member
13,260 Posts
Good news so far - hope the bloods are also reassuring.

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Oi...okay I misunderstood about the lumps they took samples, one is definitely a fatty tumor, the results on the other lump came back weird so they want to remove them both to send them out to be biopsied, Beatrice has developed another small lump opposite side of the first small lump so they will remove that as well. They are trying to squeeze her in on Thursday for surgery.
Basically they are concerned about the lump that more than doubled insize in the last few months.

·
Premium Member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know it doesn't seem bad

but here are the results

CLINICAL INFORMATION:
SOURCE No. 1: Small mass over the left flank (labeled #1); 2 slides DESCRIPTION/MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS/COMMENTS: Microscopic Description: Both slides are thoroughly examined. The smears consist of a low number of well-differentiated adipocytes and a few fat stromal cells admixed with a small amount of blood and lipid on a colorless background. No infectious agents are identified. Interpretation: Small amount of adipose tissue Comment: The overall low cellularity precludes definitive diagnosis. However, the cytologic findings can be seen with a lipomatous mass or normal SQ fat. If representative of the lesion and from the center of a discrete, movable, soft to firm mass, then most supportive of a lipoma.

SOURCE No. 2: SQ mass over the ventral abdomen (labeled #2); 2 slides DESCRIPTION/MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS/COMMENTS: Microscopic Description: Cellularity is mild consisting of a mixture of neutrophils, small lymphocytes, macrophages, and a few epithelioid macrophages admixed with a small amount of blood. Well-differentiated basilar epithelial cells are also rarely observed. No infectious agents are identified. Interpretation: Mild mixed inflammation Few well-differentiated basilar epithelial cells Comment: The cytologic findings could be seen with an inflamed benign hair
follicle tumor, basal cell tumor, or other benign adnexal lesion (or possibly mammary neoplasm if near a mammary gland). Other considerations include adnexal hyperplasia associated with furunculosis, infection (bacterial or fungal), foreign body reaction/injury, or other underlying neoplasia.

Correlate with clinical impression. If clinically warranted, tissue biopsy may be useful if persistent or progressive.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
So far the results are good, let’s hope all is well Bea. Your vet is being cautious.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
"Well-differentiated" is always what you want to hear. It means the lump is full of normal looking cells that can be identified. The more like normal tissue a sample looks, the less aggressive the behavior. I am happy to hear Bea's lump has well-differentiated cells. That's good news, so far. I hope the surgery goes well and Bea heals well. Heal, Bea. Heal. Please keep us posted on how she goes. Gentle hugs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts