Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The internet certainly allows people “keyboard bravery” in the sense that they feel able to express themselves with little fear of recrimination. Keyboard bravery is typically all talk. However, there are exceptions, those who are deeply disturbed in real life as well as on the internet.

Discussion forums are made up of people from all different backgrounds and personality types, and differing personalities tend to clash. Some people have a hard time accepting the views and opinions of others, especially if they differ from their own. This can lead to personal attacks, flaming, and other forms of abuse that could easily be avoided if people could agree to disagree.

Why do people insult others on the internet? Putting down others makes some feel "big". In real life, they are typically an emotional child with deep rooted insecurities and self-hatred. They post messages that are insulting or offensive so as to dehumanize a person or group they feel threatened by. The things said on the internet would most likely not be said in real life because the people who post them feel inferior about themselves and threatened by the person or group they slam."

Have your heard of Netiquette? Yes, that etiquette on the net. I would suggest everyone take the time to read the Core rules; http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

Be a courteous contributor. Take the high road and agree to disagree - there is no reason to ruin the experience for everyone else on this forum.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
The internet certainly allows people “keyboard bravery” in the sense that they feel able to express themselves with little fear of recrimination. Keyboard bravery is typically all talk. However, there are exceptions, those who are deeply disturbed in real life as well as on the internet.

Discussion forums are made up of people from all different backgrounds and personality types, and differing personalities tend to clash. Some people have a hard time accepting the views and opinions of others, especially if they differ from their own. This can lead to personal attacks, flaming, and other forms of abuse that could easily be avoided if people could agree to disagree.

Why do people insult others on the internet? Putting down others makes some feel "big". In real life, they are typically an emotional child with deep rooted insecurities and self-hatred. They post messages that are insulting or offensive so as to dehumanize a person or group they feel threatened by. The things said on the internet would most likely not be said in real life because the people who post them feel inferior about themselves and threatened by the person or group they slam."

Have your heard of Netiquette? Yes, that etiquette on the net. I would suggest everyone take the time to read the Core rules; http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

Be a courteous contributor. Take the high road and agree to disagree - there is no reason to ruin the experience for everyone else on this forum.
Im sorry but when people have bad breeding practices ( then turn around and lie about what they are doing)something needs to be said ................. you would have never posted this if Laura was not your friend.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
lol Keyboard Bravery, I am sure some people are more blunt and forthcoming on the internet but I believe the majority of the people on this forum are vary stable minded, happy people who would gladly tell someone face to face what they typed.

I agree people loose tact and its hard to judge tone but to say everyone is self-loathing and feels inferior is absurd.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sorry but when people have bad breeding practices ( then turn around and lie about what they are doing)something needs to be said ................. you would have never posted this if Laura was not your friend.
Roxy25/Kerry, this thread is not about Bijou/Laura, please leave the comments about them on the threads about them. This thread is about being a courteous contributor. You have not shown that courteousness.

Purple Poodle/Kayla, those are the views provided by others posted on the internet. Physiologist do see merit in these views. Some are a bit absurd but in our crazy world anything is plausible.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Roxy25/Kerry, this thread is not about Bijou/Laura, please leave the comments about them on the threads about them. This thread is about being a courteous contributor. You have not shown that courteousness.
thestars/ Jean

This thread is exactly about me and the bijou thread. You woke up this morning and decided to post this because I made a comment about Laura smoking something good LMAO Every one already knows what this thread is about. you and laura think you are talking to a bunch of dumb bunnies on here.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Purple Poodle/Kayla, those are the views provided by others posted on the internet. Physiologist do see merit in these views. Some are a bit absurd but in our crazy world anything is plausible.
You posted on our forum about Keyboard Bravery so you must think some of us are.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It's a little presumptuous to entertain the idea that someone isn't who they are on the internet and in real life. How in the world would you know if someone wouldn't say the same things to a person's face or not without knowing them? I didn't realize that you were the poodle forum moderator. I guess we should all take our lessons today and be glad that we have you to straighten things out for us.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I do agree with the idea of keyboard courtesy and think that with the exception of a few very heated threads this forum is for the most part very cordial and respectful. I always step back and think before posting and hope others do the same. It appears to me from being on this board for a little while now that that is the case usually with the exception of a few key threads.

I would also think that netiquette includes keeping private information (ie: real names versus user names) private. Those who want to publicly share their names IRL would presumably do so rather than have someone else do it for them.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I do agree with the idea of keyboard courtesy and think that with the exception of a few very heated threads this forum is for the most part very cordial and respectful. I always step back and think before posting and hope others do the same. It appears to me from being on this board for a little while now that that is the case usually with the exception of a few key threads.

I would also think that netiquette includes keeping private information (ie: real names versus user names) private. Those who want to publicly share their names IRL would presumably do so rather than have someone else do it for them.
But you have to remember this does not apply to thestars :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
The bickering on this forum is getting to make this forum not a very fun place to come to. It is my choice to avoid the threads that contain bickering, I intend to do so. I would guess that others are tired of it too. Any chance of not having so much bickering going on in the future?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree with you totally Cash. When I joined this forum, it was a fun place to be but lately it does seem like there are more more threads with people being upset at one another. I'm not involved with the other threads that have been mentioned in this thread,(meaning past history that some of you believe inspired this thread) but I didn't think it was that bad of a post. To me it just seemed like a nice reminder.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am so sad that you think it is about you and the Bijou thread. I can only speak as to myself but I don't think nothing of the sort, you may not have gained the experience yet but you are no "dumb bunny". If you would like to talk on the phone I would be happy to speak with you, I have provided my contact information to you in private previously.

Let me clarify something for you. I am NOT working together with Bijou. I was fortunate enough to obtain a girl I can show and breed. I have a Friendly relationship with my breeder that is beneficial to me. She and I do not share our hopes and aspirations of our breeding programs. I ask questions, she provides me answers or what research I can do. I work on my own.

I have discussed the rhetoric and the decorum that is on this forum with the moderator several times previously. I have provided an example of decorum on a Doodle page that I thought was an interesting take on the manners in which to use in posting. However I have not received any feedback about it. So I took it to the public. Do you moderate Dog Geekz as Nievesgirl?

As a collective, there is some great knowledge here to be had by the attendees of this forum. Unfortunately, we are not focusing on what we can gain by the wealth of knowledge but rather spending our efforts in trash and dash rhetoric.

I encourage all the breeders, title holders and pet people to pick a subject and share your experience about it. What you learned from it. What you would or would not do again. Cbrand I would absolutely love to learn what it takes to get a CDX title. We read the basics on the web but hearing it from an actual person whom has done it is so much more satisfying. Others on this forum have years of experience that they could literally write books about! We want to know, please share.

I simply ask that posters be courteous.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with you totally Cash. When I joined this forum, it was a fun place to be but lately it does seem like there are more more threads with people being upset at one another. I'm not involved with the other threads that have been mentioned in this thread,(meaning past history that some of you believe inspired this thread) but I didn't think it was that bad of a post. To me it just seemed like a nice reminder.
Thank you for still sticking with the forum, there is a lot more good then bad on here.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You posted on our forum about Keyboard Bravery so you must think some of us are.
Yes, I do think it occurs on this forum and any other forum. It is not a phenomenon. However, there are board forums out there, not just dog or poodle forums that have rules about etiquette and posting on those forms. Even if this forum, "our forum" doesn't have them or strictly enforce them doesn't mean we can't practice them.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am so sad that you think it is about you and the Bijou thread. I can only speak as to myself but I don't think nothing of the sort, you may not have gained the experience yet but you are no "dumb bunny". If you would like to talk on the phone I would be happy to speak with you, I have provided my contact information to you in private previously.

:rolffleyes: What would be the purpose of calling you ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rolffleyes: What would be the purpose of calling you ?
I asked in the beginning that this thread not be about Bijou, please leave the comments about Bijou on the those threads. This topic is about being a courteous contributor. You seem to want to trash someone so I was offering to listen. Privately not Publicly. :listen:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I asked in the beginning that this thread not be about Bijou, please leave the comments about Bijou on the those threads. This topic is about being a courteous contributor. You seem to want to trash someone so I was offering to listen. Privately not Publicly. :listen:
Find then lets start with you ,

Why post peoples names if as you want us to get in trouble by someone?
Why imply we are trolls ?

·
Administrator
722 Posts
Hello everyone,

I think this thread has run it's course. If you MUST bicker, please do this behind closed doors (i.e. PM). Have a great day folks!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.