Poodle Forum banner

Bauer ate a clematis...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sam I Am 
#1 ·
...How worried should I be? He took a little bite out of a leaf and left it on the ground in his run... There is a big clematis growing up the other side of the fence. Guess one of the leaves snuck through and he decided to snack on it. I have googled it and it says they are potentially poisonous, but my husband asked his friend who was a landscaper for years and he said he's never heard of a clematis killing any animal. Bauer vomited yesterday but he did eat his dinner... He hasn't touched his breakfast but he is otherwise acting normal... I am about to call the vet, but if any of you can offer any advice I'd love to hear it!

#2 ·
I'm sure he's fine. He got rid of it from his system and it doesn't sound like he ate too much. Most of those things would take eating at least an entire plant if not quite a bit more to actually make him really sick. Our Sam has a bad habit of eating plants (and a whole lot more) that he shouldn't, if he is left alone outside for too long. The first puppy visit we had with our vet she warned us that standard poodles are notorious for eating everything in site. She said she's had to remove panty hose and keys! Sam prefers paper products mostly! LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.