Poodle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As luck would have it, I need to replace my laundry sink now, and I can fit a large one in the space--40x24. I found a big sink that doesn't have a divider in the middle. Like my current sink, it sits on steel legs, so it should be tall enough that I won't need to bend. It's in a part of the house where it's fine to be messy, there's a drain in the floor, if we really get messy, so this seems like a good arrangement.

I will replace the faucet at the same time, and that's where I'm not sure what will work best. I can get a standard laundry faucet with a side sprayer, or I can get a kitchen-type high-arc faucet that would have a pull down sprayer. I want to make sure it's long enough and powerful enough (and I noticed some brands can do more gallons per minute than others). I'm leaning toward the pulldown rather than the side-spray.

Are there pros/cons I'm not thinking of? Any suggestions based on what has worked for you? We won't bring the pup home for a few weeks, so i am going to try and get this taken care of beforehand.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I don't think a kitchen pull down would be near long enough to have the range that I would want for doing a larger breed like a spoo. Maybe for a toy or even a smaller mini but even then I think it'd be annoying.
I would do a shower package preferably with a shower temperature control that also has a pressure control part so you can lighten the pressure if your dog is touchy about spray by the face.

Then on the pipe you would normally attach the shower head to attach a metal laundry hose with a garden sprayer 'gun'. You may need a 'converter' to attach it all together but that should be easy to get from any home reno store.

This is my in home grooming shop but you can kinda see it here. I would have prefered the hose to come out closer to the shower temp knob to get the hose more out of the way and off to the side (don't mind the dog or the dye stains)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
peppers..now that is a nice set up. I have one more bathroom to remodel (hopefully). I would like it to be all tile and open like your photo, only incorporate a regular shower up high and the lower hand held for the dogs. To me that would be perfect. No glass doors, just open. I'll have to think on that for awhile, but I really like that set up you have.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
peppers..now that is a nice set up. I have one more bathroom to remodel (hopefully). I would like it to be all tile and open like your photo, only incorporate a regular shower up high and the lower hand held for the dogs. To me that would be perfect. No glass doors, just open. I'll have to think on that for awhile, but I really like that set up you have.
Thanks Mufar. I got the idea when I was in Italy, staying in an Italian hotel. The bathroom was tiny and it had a shower on the wall with drain in the floor, but no shower curtain or separation of any kind from the rest of the bathroom. So the water splashed on the sink, but that was ok. I thought about incorporating a regular shower for people, but I figured that I would never use it, so I just went with the dog shower.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
My in laws in Holland had a similar set up. The first time we were there it felt rather odd but it was so easy to keep ken, just squeegee is down after your shower. They didn't have a doggie one, lol but if I can do a setup like that I'd love it. I had totally forgotten how their bathroom was set up..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, these are interesting options! Because I will still need to use the tub for the usual laundry and other utility purposes, I decided I probably need a regular faucet in there. The plumber suggested i might find a commercial faucet with a side sprayer that has a long enough hose, but that did not work out. Right now what I think i might do, because the space has to be multipurpose, if I get a normal high arc faucet that can swivel out of the way along with a side spray to use for non-dog needs, then i can attach one of those garden hose or shower head type connectors to the regular faucet when I want to bathe the poodle. I found one with an 8-ft hose that can be used indoors or outdoors that was reviewed positively by someone with a spoo. So, i may test that and see how it works. If i had more than one dog, or if i had a dedicated space, i might do it differently, though.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Faucet use to be made where you could screw a sprayer onto them. When I cared for my mom I was able to get a long sprayer that I could attach to the shower head by screwing it on. Then I could adjust the pressure and temperature by how much I turned the water flow on. I wish now that I had kept that sprayer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.