Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off so what do I do..took everyone to my friend's and we bathed and groomed everyone..

I love clean dogs..

Flyer...he is sooooo purty..LOL..he just looks like and feels like velvet after a bath and groom..*G*..

Cedar..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Robbie...

and even Mr. Riley got a bath today..

Now 3 of the 4 have vet appointments..Robbie and Cedar for shots and Riley because he was having a lot of whinning and groaning last weekend while just laying around...while he seems a little better now I am going to have him checked out...it seems like if he was laying in one spot for a long time he would start the whining and groaning..it would usually start about 4 or 5 in the morning and continue until we got up..what I noticed is the nights where he would move around the bed a little he wouldn't do that..but if he layed still all night he would..anyway we'll get it checked out.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You had a big day, the Lab would've been enough for me, lol. I have a Rottie and I've bathed Labs before and it takes forever to get through that thick hair. Your dogs are super cute and I love Flyer's clip.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yay for clean dogs :) Im jealous. Wish it wasn't going to rain all weekend here because I almost feel up to bathing my girls.

·
Registered
562 Posts
AHHHH i love having all clean dogs!!! Such a good feeling. All mine are freshly groomed and bathed too. I love all of them but especially the CKCS's and the old Lab. Too cute! Is he in pain? Do you think thats why he is whining?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
They all look so lovely. Clean dogs are great. Its so sloppy here right now there is no point in trying they'd turn into a ball of slush and snow the first time I let them out. However the weather can't stay quite this bad for long and straight snow isn't so bad as slop. So a bath is definitely on the agenda then. Though I'm not brave enough to do three at once.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
They all look so lovely. Clean dogs are great. Its so sloppy here right now there is no point in trying they'd turn into a ball of slush and snow the first time I let them out. However the weather can't stay quite this bad for long and straight snow isn't so bad as slop. So a bath is definitely on the agenda then. Though I'm not brave enough to do three at once.
Makes you think that actual snow and ice is not so bad after all, doesn't it?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Ewwwwww...I had a day like that Friday. My son's puppy came for a visit, and guess what??? FLEAS damn it. So everyone got a flea bath and I completely groomed both Spoos. I was exhausted. I ain't as young as I used to be, and the days of doing fourteen dogs are LONG gone!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy needs a bath in a major way. I wish I could find a groomer with a self-service area around here because washing him in the bathtub kills my back and I never feel like I do a good job because I have to hurry up and get out of that position.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is he in pain? Do you think thats why he is whining?
Yeah I think he was..he was visibly tender when the vet was palpating his spine near the rump..had an x-ray and she say that the majority of his spine is amazing for a dog his age (almost 12)..he does have a little arthritis at the end over the rump area..got him some anti inflamatories (although he is already doing better)..and drew blood for lab work.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the compliments..I am lucky enough to have a friend who is a groomer so I go to her place and we visit while we work on my dogs..I mainly wash and dry and she does all the finishing work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts