Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every time I give Teddy a bath(which he does really well with) afterwards HES NUTS!! He’s at a 10 on amped scale. Any one else have same experience? I get Teddy groomed every 6 weeks but he needed a bath. He’s a lazy pee-r and sometimes won’t squat all the way or the wont stay still and it goes on legs. Bum needed it. Eyes and around mouth. Life is messy! Anyway I tried play..running his boxes..crate...chew stick. I finally put him in crate for his quiet/nap time. Longest 2 hours of my life. He just wouldnt settle.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s zoomies at a 10! WOW! Next groom I’m gonna have his face taken down short. A step from a shave. His face hair grows so fast! He and my husband have long beards! 😂 Is this why poodles get the shaved face?

·
Super Moderator
1,637 Posts
It’s zoomies at a 10! WOW! Next groom I’m gonna have his face taken down short. A step from a shave. His face hair grows so fast! He and my husband have long beards! 😂 Is this why poodles get the shaved face?
Yep, my guys got the zoomies after baths. Yep, my guys got grotty faces if I didn't keep the faces trimmed short. What's really disgusting is when you find a whole bunch of ticks dug in around the whiskers, ears, and eyebrows.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, my guys got the zoomies after baths. Yep, my guys got grotty faces if I didn't keep the faces trimmed short. What's really disgusting is when you find a whole bunch of ticks dug in around the whiskers, ears, and eyebrows.
Oh I bet they hated getting those picked off 😳

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yep, my guys got grotty faces if I didn't keep the faces trimmed short. What's really disgusting is when you find a whole bunch of ticks dug in around the whiskers, ears, and eyebrows.
Ugh, I thought Mia had an eye booger ... hours later when I cleaned her up I realized it was a tick. Yuck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My mum's yorkie does this too. You are lucky though, he doesn't like being bathed and has at least once gone straight into my bedroom (when I was the evil person who gave him a bath) and peed on my bed!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Same here—it’s why I try not to bathe both at the same time unless I have to, or else I have two dogs dashing through the house, rubbing themselves all over the couch and giggling gleefully at their freedom. And barking at each other. And shaking water all over the place. Even though I swear they were dry. There is no stopping them. I bathe them every two weeks. Save me! 🤣

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Yes on after bath zoomys. Runs wildly around the house and out in the fields and woods. I love to watch him zooming around. He will zoom then zoom past me as if to say here I am if you need me. No, back to zoomys.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same here—it’s why I try not to bathe both at the same time unless I have to, or else I have two dogs dashing through the house, rubbing themselves all over the couch and giggling gleefully at their freedom. And barking at each other. And shaking water all over the place. Even though I swear they were dry. There is no stopping them. I bathe them every two weeks. Save me! 🤣
Save me 🤣so double the zoomies?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts