Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have a mini poodle who desperately needs grooming. Because of COVID-19, all of the grooming salons are closed. I thought they were going to reopen, but not yet. I want to do a cursory grooming to tie him over until they open up. I thought I would clip only his body and legs and neaten up his face, top not, and tail No clean muzzle, feet, shaft of tail or groin. I am too afraid I will hurt him because I have no experience. I would also like to get a dremel tool for his nails. What tools do you recommend? His fur is crazy thick now since his last grooming was in February! Also, is it OK to cut him dry?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info and the links. I ordered the Wahl Bravura clipper. Hopefully, it will come soon. Is there a preferred brand of scissors? It seems many of them are out of stock. Also, I have never given my guy a bath. Other than putting cotton balls in their ears, how do you prevent water from getting in their ears and soap getting in their eyes? Sorry about all of the questions. I am really nervous about this. Fortunately, my pup has no idea what is in store for him!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks for all the information. This forum is great. If only I could get one of you to bathe and cut him for me (LOL)! By the way, my guy is a big mini. I call him a maxi-mini -- about 15" high and 17.5 pounds. I going to bathe him either in the bathtub or a small stall shower. I think I might try them both (sans water) first and see where he is the most comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.