Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a miracle! I have often complained about Ginger's barking and of course the other three too. Well it was getting so bad I couldnt stand it anymore so I sent away for this device called Pet Agree - I hold it and when they don't obey I press it and it gives off a high pitch that only they can hear. I never thought I would see the day when Ginger didn't bark at people going by the house - I don't even have to use it anymore - just once or twic and my "enough" works now!!! yay!!!!! Not only did it help with the barking - usually we sit on the deck by the pool and I let Teddy run around the ouside becuase he comes when I call him and Ginger runs away - so she doesnt et to go out. Well I let her out and when she ran to the street I called her and pressed the button and she came running back to me. Now when I let him out I leave the gate open and she sits by me ha h aha its hysterical! Its a good thing she doesn't know I am the one that made the noise that is scaring her enough to get her to come to me lol I don't even have to use it anymore - its wonderful! got it at JB Wholesale. It only has 20 feet coverage but I started with a cheaper one to see if it woudl really work. cost 40.98 with shipping if anyone needs a tool. I am a happy doggie mommy!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Ooh nice. Mine bark when someone walks by but it's not for prolonged periods of time. I don't like it in the mornings though because there are a lot of teenagers walking to the bus and if other neighbors are sleeping at that time, they are bothered by their barking. I'll look into it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks Pamela, Will definately look into this. Never heard of J P Wholesale, but am going to try to find it on line. Glad to hear that this is working for you, I know how annoying it can be to have dogs barking at times when they shouldn't be and to be having a hard time getting them to quiet down. Ours do this when anyone knocks on our door or rings the door bell, to the point of being ridiculous. The toys start it with their little yips, then the big ones think that they have to chime in as well. We end up with a full chorous going. I wonder if this would help in getting a neighbors pesky dog to quit barking, just across the fence? I really do not see why it wouldn't. Any time that they go away they leave their dog outside and it doesn't stop barking until they get home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My Teddy learned very young that we don't bark at people, even if they are in our yard. My dad and I moved him back from the window when he would start to bark and reprimand him. He learned quickly that when people come by the house we walk away from the window and wait until they pass before we're allowed to go back to the window. Another thing is, he loves to run away from us to go down by the road to go potty, so we've started a game with him to see who can run fast enough to the house to get a treat. Now all we have to do is stomp our feet and he just starts running full speed toward the house. I guess maybe all dogs are different, but he definitely is one of the dogs in my neighborhood who don't have issues with other animals and people....except the one dog that he chased out of our yard (it was a pitbull and he turned tail and ran)...but I reprimanded him quickly and picked him up to take him home. Scared the crap out of me. But I guess maybe I got that done too...he knew momma was mad. But GREAT IDEA...if I have more problems I may have to look into that.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
That is awesome , I am glad the collar is working. I will recommend this to other people now if they have problems with barking dogs lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts