Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of those wrapping bands some of y'all recommended and I received them last night. I bought the #8 like someone suggested, and y'all, there is NO way those are going to work for Raven. They are huge and thick. I would have to wrap them around 10 times just to get them to stay in! So now I'm wondering, which ones would be the right ones? Maybe these? http://www.laineeltd.com/cgi-bin/laineeltd/standardbands.html

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
What size is Raven? Toy or Mini? I haven't a clue what people use on Toys. But on Standards and many minis I see the wrapping bands used, though not sure whether the size 6 or 8 on minis. If you don't like the wrapping bands, buy some of the show bands, you'll need them anyway. :) I'd probably find someone who shows toys or minis to ask what they use.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size is Raven? Toy or Mini? I haven't a clue what people use on Toys. But on Standards and many minis I see the wrapping bands used, though not sure whether the size 6 or 8 on minis. If you don't like the wrapping bands, buy some of the show bands, you'll need them anyway. :) I'd probably find someone who shows toys or minis to ask what they use.
He is a toy. What I'm using right now aren't show bands for sure. But you are right I will need them! I'm just confused on what to get now. Y'all are saying wrapping bands, my friend who does Maltese says no use another kind, but Maltese have super fine hair that is completely different so I'm just really up in the air. You are right I should just ask some of the toy breeders and make it easier on myself! Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Those look like they could be a good size for a toy. They won't be as small as the show bands so will be good for not wrecking hair (looser). You can use the bigger ones if you wrap ears later. Keeps the little package tight. I was taught to do no more than 3 'wraps' of the band on the hair. It will make it too tight and break hair. The 'large' ones look good for you too. I think they might be more common as they come in all the colours and the 'standard' come in only 2. But you have to get the right size first. I think emailing or calling them might be the best idea. I have standards so don't know for sure. Pretty sure the large are what I had to use on puppy hair. Got the 4 colour mix pack. They fit on the tip of my pinky finger if that helps.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look like they could be a good size for a toy. They won't be as small as the show bands so will be good for not wrecking hair (looser). You can use the bigger ones if you wrap ears later. Keeps the little package tight. I was taught to do no more than 3 'wraps' of the band on the hair. It will make it too tight and break hair. The 'large' ones look good for you too. I think they might be more common as they come in all the colours and the 'standard' come in only 2. But you have to get the right size first. I think emailing or calling them might be the best idea. I have standards so don't know for sure. Pretty sure the large are what I had to use on puppy hair. Got the 4 colour mix pack. They fit on the tip of my pinky finger if that helps.
Ok thanks! :) Very helpful...my main issue is finding the right size, as it is difficult to tell exactly how big they are on the site!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts