Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was horrified when this showed up in my fb feed..........unrecognized resource guarding and what will the damage be if dog redirects?????????? No dumb people, that is not a "Nanny Dog" behavior that is just plain old dangerous!!

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/2201121133434141/

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
That is one of the scariest things I have ever seen. A sure fire disaster in the making.

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
I wanted to edit my post above but the time to do so has expired. Here is what I typed before I realized I couldn't post it.

ETA: I went back over to that video because it was bothering me so much and added a comment about how dangerous I thought it was to put a baby together with any dog or cat like that. I was dumbstruck to see that it has been viewed 1.5 million times and that many of the comments were defending the breed of the dog and thought the video was cute. A few of the comments I saw fell in line with what I said, but probably not nearly enough to get the point across.

Reactions: SMSP and MollyMuiMa

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems no matter how the fact that any dog of 'any' breed should never be put in this situation, the message is alway "MY dog has never.........." even with news of babies being mauled and killed in seconds these stupid beliefs persist! I kinda wish a funded TV/ Social Media ad would be made by the USHS with all those donated dollars dog lovers send to them!!!! Maybe PBS could do a documentary.....................

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
MollyMuiMa
I was horrified....
Having little experience with dogs / first time dog owner, my initial reaction of the video was that 'it's protective/ cute'; however reading your reaction and lilly cd re helped put it into the proper perspective.

For the sake of babies there certainly needs to be a push to educate the public of 'dog behaviors and dangers'. ,

Ignorance of dog behavior is worsened by people projecting human traits and human behavior onto the dog.

Thank you so much for posting and educating.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I find this dog has a very worrying behavior relating to the baby. It seems to be resource guarding it and so many things could go wrong, like the baby being choked, squished, scratched, stepped on, bit while the dog attacks the owner, ect.

This poor baby is only a few days old it seems. Some people are really clueless, they are a danger to themselves and others and shouldn’t have dogs.

The lady is even telling the dog «*couché*» (lie down) and so the dog lies down on the baby. What the hell ???

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Yes pretty stupid video owner of dog. While it is supervised so that may be ok in their mind, it scares me as it takes only seconds and that dog is guarding the baby. Not good in my mind. These are the type of people you read about, they leave baby in room unattended while they grab their coffee or whatever. and you see baby mauled by pet dog, or owner mauled while dog protecting baby. Ugh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts