Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 year old toy girl and a 5 month old toy girl. Both have developed bad breath. My older girl just had a dental/cleaning 3 months ago with a great report. She has had regular dentals and has never had to have any teeth pulled. My puppy has had bad breath ever since I got her. Very unusual for a puppy I think. Can someone please tell me what might be going on with my precious girls? I am perplexed!! Would probiotics help, and if so what kind? My older girl eats Fromm dog food and has all her life, and gets only boiled chicken breast and green beans for treats. My puppy is being transitioned at the moment from ProPlan lamb and rice puppy to Taste of the Wild Life Resource lamb and oatmeal Puppy. Any thoughts, advice or information would be so appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
A trip to the vet is in order. Bad breath can be caused by infections, so you need to determine the cause.

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
If the vet gives the all clear regular brushing with a good enzymatic dog tooth paste will help. There are several threads on here on how to introduce brushing without trauma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts