Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( So i was taking a nap with Mister today and after we woke up i noticed my bed was wet...he didnt stand up or anything while we were sleeping so what im thinking is he peed on my bed in his sleep. I dont even know if this is possible but its definately urine and too big to be any of my other dogs (even the old one, who wasnt even around). It made me really mad for a minute but he's a dog and its not like he did it on purpose. He has had an upset tummy for the past day (diarrhea mostly) so i dont blame him.
So i put him in his kennel and he had a bunch of diarrhea in there withing 5 mins of him being in there....so i take him out and put him outside for a good 20 mins. He comes back in with blood dpot on his legs and all around his bum. I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide to get the blood off (not right on his bum but around it). I also ran to the store and got a lot of canned pumpkin and gave him a few tablespoons. Im just going to give it to him every day for a while...he is just so sensitive and the weird thing is that i dont remember giving him anything weird or new. Just his usual kibble and raw. Im going to stop the raw till i get back from my weekend trip (where he cant come unfortunately).

Any one else have a super sensitive pooch? I want to toughen his stomach up but dont even know if thats possible lol. This was more of a rant than anything...just frustrated but also kind of worried for my baby.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I am so sorry about your poor baby? Are you sure it's something he ate and nothing more serious????

My guys don't have sensitive stomachs and I've always fed them a variety of different foods. What is his diet like?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Flash has an extremely sensitive stomach. He's allergic to corn, and sensitive (but not allergic) to rice. My vet recommended a lamb and rice diet when he wasn't feeling well, and boy, was that ever a mistake! That's how we discovered his rice sensitivity.

Flash actually puked 2-4 times a week for the first seven months that I had him. We went through many brands of kibble, we tried feeding cottage cheese (which helped, but didn't cure) and even gave a nightly dose of pepcid!

What finally worked is Taste of the Wild food. It is my fondest wish to feed him raw, but my stupidly picky poodle made it completely unfeasible. And he absolutely cannot have some raw along with his kibble. Raw on the same day as kibble=guaranteed barf. Sigh.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was blood but not enough to really worry me. He isnt acting weird at all aside from peeing and pooping again in his kennel last night (no blood tho so he's ok). I will keep him on the canned pumpkin and off the raw for a bit....he is on the Orijen kibble. I actually switched him to the 6 fish formula and maybe that was it. Too much fish too quick.
He is pooping more solid tonight after less than a day of canned pumpkin, man i love that stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts